Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Olivia's Party--The Details, Part 2

You probably couldn't see from the other pictures, but there was a little nook around the corner.  This is where I set up for the cake smash.  The shelf, trunk, and chest were already there.  I emptied what was on the shelf and set up my "ONE" and filled it with pictures of Olivia.  I left the candles and tray because they matched.  Her cake smash cake is on the chest, along with a cute picture of her in her owl hat from when she was 6 months old.  I colored and cut out the sign using my silhouette (are you catching a theme here?) and taped tulle to it.  Oh, and her high chair is already owls and the owl bib is one we use on a regular basis.  The corner is dark, so we just went ahead and used the lamp that was already there.

Those letters sell for $54 on etsy.  $54!!!!!  Let's just say I made mine for much less.  Time consuming-yes.  But oh so cute.  Plus, I pulled double duty and used them for her one year pics as well.


When I got my silhouette, I was looking at the official blog and found this idea...
I knew instantly that I wanted to do it!

I knew there were dark couches and chairs, and not only would this be an amazing personal touch, but it would add a nice pop of color.  Well, this turned into 4 pillows.  All were made for less than $20 and I still have supplies left over.  My mother in law graciously sewed them for me!

There was another monogram one and one that said Happy Birthday Olivia.

My mother in law also made Olivia an owl pillow as a gift.  It matched her colors, so I took it to the party!

We used the coffee table as a gift table

My "watch me grow" wall
Most people are doing banner similar to the "happy birthday" one I made.  That would have been fine if we were having the party in my house.  However, this room was big.  I knew I needed big decorations and color.  My mother in law sewed the circle garlands for me.  There were more, and I would have loved to use them, but they got so tangled and I was so short on time that they just had to be scrapped.

The little owls are the same ones I used on the bar.  They were slapped up last minute.
I love how the pictures turned out.
I'm going to make a scrapbook out of the pages.  I'm probably going to add some more embellishments (I didn't want them to get too heavy) or her stats for that month... or possibly both.  They are too nice to just disassemble.

Other things that didn't get done: tulle on the black chairs to add more color, more balloons, and lanterns/pom poms hanging.  The space was nice, but maybe just a little too big.  Plus, it was hard because we had to literally pack up two cars full of stuff, then unload it, etc.  I hope we have a house by next year.

A post on the actual party is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment