Monday, July 5, 2010

Our mini camping adventure...

We had a great little mini camping adventure for the 4th of July.  Our friend Laurie's mom lives on a farm in the middle of Amish country about an hour away from our house.  We headed up there for some food, laughs, animal fun, bonfire, laughs, and games.

When we arrived we were promptly greeted by some animals.
(Notice Michael is doing the petting and I am standing back taking the picture!)

Then we relaxed on the back porch for a little bit... ahh, so peaceful!

Then it was time to get "grilling".

yeah... I took over

Then it was time to eat.  No pictures of that, but we had so much good food!  By the way, the strawberries were a hit!

We all ate entirely too much, so we decided to take a walk around the farm, scope things out and visit the horses.

Laurie, Christine and Michael giving treats and petting the horses

Showing me how to do it

Ok, so before this next picture I must give a disclaimer... Although animals are not my favorite thing ever, I actually don't mind horses.  I petted all five horses quite a bit during my time spent with them.  However, teeth (of any animal) scare me.  Just sayin'.  Also, this is not the most attractive picture I've ever taken, but for the sake of "keeping it real" and because I was begged to share, here you go...

Lovin'

Finishing up our walk
It's time to take our stuff up the hill.  Guess who is driving?! :)
Laurie making sure nothing falls out.


Setting up the tents
It actually went pretty quick.

Time to get the fire going
I had to laugh because all three of them were working hard to get the fire going.  I, on the other hand, was just sitting in my chair trying to cool off.  So I documented it.
I mean really, how many people does it take to start a fire? ;)


We had a great night.  We sat by the fire, talked, laughed, made s'mores, looked at the beautiful night sky, saw a few shooting stars, did a few sparklers, and had an overall fun time!
 So cute!

Fun times!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was fun! (except the sleeping in tents part)

    Your expression while feeding the horse is hilarious!! :-)

    Love ya B!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete