Saturday, July 17, 2010

LUNA Protein Bars

As much as I would love to eat only "clean" food, it's just not going to happen at this point in my life.  I eat relatively healthy.  I love fruits and vegetables!  Let's be honest though, sometimes we all find ourselves in the position where we just need to grab something quick.  For me, this tends to be mid mornings when I am running Little Man all over the place.  Not only do I want something quick, but I wants something that is going to hold me until lunch time.  I have tried many go to bars (healthy and non healthy alike), and have finally found one that works.  It's the LUNA Protein Bars.


LUNA bars have been around for a while, but the protein bars are relatively new.  Luna Bars are the sister company of CLIF bars and are meant for women.

These bars are 180 calories (190 for the peanut butter one), which is similar or less than most bars out there.  However, they have 3 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein.  They are considered a "healthy" bar, so they aren't going to be as good as a candy bar, but I still like them.  My favorite is the chocolate cherry almond one and then the cookie dough one next.  Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. so they last you most of the morning? I need to find something like that, I eat lunch late (like 2:30) so I need something with enough protein to keep me full. I will check them out for sure!

    ReplyDelete