Thursday, April 4, 2013

Egg Hunt 2013

(Sorry that I'm a little bit behind.  I know Easter is ancient history for some of you.  I was just having too much fun with my friend Laurie in town to stop and write a blog.  So I have some catching up to do!)

Both Michael and I wanted to take Olivia to an Easter Egg Hunt.  She is still trying to grasp the concept, and she doesn't eat the candy, but we wanted to do it for traditions sake.  We had picked out a local church that was going to be doing a huge hunt, but then Michelle (my 31 upline) invited us to her church's hunt.  We took her up on the offer.

After picking up my friend Laurie from an early morning flight, we headed out for some Easter fun.
We found Michelle and chatted a bit.  Olivia was just happy to have a little freedom to run around.

They had the egg hunts separated by ages.
Olivia was scoping the place out and calculating a plan of action. :)

We had to wait a little bit for it to start, so she played a little fishing game.  Twice.

It was finally time to hunt.  Each kid was allowed 10 eggs.

She ended up sitting down and just picking up the eggs around her.  I think she got some grass in her sandals that she wasn't a fan of. :)

There were all sorts of eggs.  She was excited to find some ball looking ones.
We ended up with a soccer ball and a basketball.

All done!

Laurie and I spent the rest of the day in Ft. Worth.  We watched the longhorns come down the street, shopped, ate some yummy barbecue and saw a great rodeo.  I didn't take any pictures, but it was lots of fun.

After nap, Michael and Olivia made an impromptu visit to Little Man's house.  Olivia had fun playing and even got a little Easter basket from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment