Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Trip to the Mall

A Barnes and Noble story time has  been on my "to do" list for quite some time now.  We just rarely make it to the mall.  It seemed like every time I said, "this is the week", something else would come up for Thursday.

I had a few things to take back to the mall, so I decided to make a whole morning out of it.


The first thing we did when we arrived is head to the kids play area.
I wanted to try to get there before the stores opened so it wouldn't be too crowded.  We only made it there about 10 minutes early and there were already a good number of people there, but it wasn't too out of control.

We played for about a half hour and then headed on to our returns.

From there we headed to Barnes and Noble.  We arrived a few minutes early and I let Olivia out of the stroller.  She was happy to be finding stuffed animals on the shelves and books everywhere.  We sat and read a few.
It was a struggle to get her to sit through the actual story time.  She made it through the first book and then we were done.  I wasn't going to fight her on it.  That is just a battle that is not worth it to me at this point.

Instead, we headed to the other side of the children's area and played with the train table.
This turned out to be her favorite part of the day by far!
There were two other little girls that were playing off and on as well.  We spent a good twenty minutes at the table.  Once story time ended, all the big kids rushed over to the table.  It was time for us to head home for lunch, so we gladly gave up the trains and headed on our way.

I think we'll be doing this little outing again soon. Only, I don't think I'll do it on a story time day.  If she's not into it there's no point in fighting the "crowds".

No comments:

Post a Comment