Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Visit from Miss Laurie

Like I mentioned, Laurie arrived last Saturday morning.  After getting home and hanging out for a bit, we hit up the egg hunt.  We returned home and enjoyed some adult conversation while the little slept.


We left for Ft. Worth shortly after 2 and arrived just in time to see the longhorn come down the street at 4.  And by just arrived, I mean I might have been sitting in the car parked in the middle of Exchange Avenue while Laurie hopped out to see the attraction.  Don't worry.  It was my fifth time there! :)  (Stupid construction!)

We walked all the little shops and then sat down to get a bite to eat before heading to the rodeo.  I'm not a huge Texas BBQ fan, but there is a really yummy place there called Riscky's  that I really like.  Our waiter asked if we wanted an appetizer and he mentioned fried pickles.  I asked Laurie if she wanted some and she said she had never had them.  WHAT?  Of course I ordered them then!
She was a FAN! :)
I also persuaded her to stay away from her safe "chicken" and get crazy.  Crazy was eating half a pork sandwich and half of a brisket sandwich.  She says it's her first time having brisket that she knows of and she LOVED it as well!  Oh--and some of the those fried pickles... they ended up on her pork sandwich. YUM!

We ended the night with a fantastic rodeo.  It's my 5th and it's always fun.
Laurie might have been taking stalker pictures of random cowboys.  I'm not sure. ;)

It was beautiful out on Monday.  We had planned to go to the Arboretum, but everyone slept in.  Instead, we ended up at a local park.

We did the swings and the slide and climbed until it was lunchtime and Olivia was asking for food.

Michael was off from Kroger, so we headed to Babe's for dinner. SO GOOD!  We really only go there when company is in town, but I love it!

When we got home it was still beautiful out and we had promised Olivia a ride in her "big car", so we went for a walk around the complex.  It was good for all of us since we were stuffed!

When we got back we decided to stay outside for a little bit.  We just sat down on the curb and played in the area behind our garage.
(Yes, it was the same day and a different outfit--she fell and got mud on the knees of the purple one.)


Next up was some sidewalk chalk.  This was Olivia's first time using it.  She was pretty excited about it!
You can see by this picture that some adults might have had some chalk fun too.
Laurie wrote the alphabet all the way to our front door.  Olivia had fun with that!

We had a really lazy day most of Tuesday.  We finally headed out after Olivia woke up from her nap.  Laurie spotted the IKEA on one of our drives, so that's where we headed.  She had another first--Swedish meatballs.

Olivia in Laurie's (dad's) hat.  She had lots of fun with "Miss Warie", but was a bit of a rascal at the same time.

I gave Laurie the option of going to MOPS or skipping and she said it didn't matter to her.  Normally I would have just skipped, but I knew I had a few 31 things to take care of so we went.

Wednesday afternoon was spent playing and that was pretty much the end of her trip.
Her visit was full of yummy food, good talks, too much construction, sugary desserts, playing with Olivia, watching Friday Night Lights, enjoying one late night movie and stopping half way through the next not so good one, and relaxing.

Hopefully she had fun.  We enjoyed having her.  Next time Michael won't be working two jobs, so we can go out and party more. :)  Unfortunately, we are experiencing the weird weather here too.  It was beautiful for two of the days and cold and rainy for the last two. That's weather for you!

1 comment:

  1. Giddy up!!! Except for the construction (which we might be able to laugh about later) I enjoyed my trip to TX. Cowtown was great (I don't know what you're talking about taking stalker pictures??) Now I can truly say 'this ain't my first rodeo!' Thanks for introducing me to some 'firsts' and for pulling out the 'big bed' for me. Love hanging out with you when and wherever I can. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete