Friday, April 5, 2013

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Pink and Green Basket

Olivia took to sleeping in while Miss Laurie was here.  We all appreciated that. :)  So we let her get her Easter basket first thing when she woke up.

Seeing her baskets for the first time!  Miss Laurie brought her one too!

It was no surprise to me when she grabbed a pouch and exclaimed, "Applesauce! Open it!"

I forgot to take a picture of her basket before hand...
It's contents were: two pop up books that I got at a consignment sale for $3 each, two DVD's (still in the package) that I got off of a Facebook page for $3 each, a coloring book and mini puzzles from the dollar store, some applesauce and veggie pouches, bubbles (from Michael's work open house) an orange juice baby bottle and eggs filled with stickers, hair bows, and cheddar bunnies.  Miss Laurie asked me what I was wanting to get for the basket, so she added a kids electric toothbrush and a sun hat.

Miss Laurie's basket for her had a coloring book, Easter Little People, and some eggs with play doh in them!


So happy to get a new Veggie Tales!

Her Little People toys are hands down her favorite right now.  She plays with the house, the people and the animals daily.  Usually for long stretches of time.  So the Easter Little People was a perfect gift for her!


There were no $60 video games in Michael's basket this year...
but I did splurge on a $12 T-shirt! :)
Other than that, he just got a few favorites and necessities.
Shower gel, creme filled eggs, peanut butter eggs, and some protein bars.

I wanted to do something fun for Laurie.  She's the type that doesn't check her bag, so I knew luggage space would tight.  I didn't want a "basket" per se, but something that stood for a basket but was functional and cute.  The idea of a Tervis cup came to mind and that was it.  Who doesn't love a Tervis cup?  It keeps your hots hot and your colds cold.  She is a big coffee and water drinker, so this was perfect.  One of her favorite treats is dark chocolate, so I filled it up with dark chocolate Dove Easter eggs.  She was pleased! :)

We had a yummy roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and rolls for lunch.  Speaking of carrots.... In this post I said that I made that carrot recipe and loved it.  I did not.  I did look at it, but I have no idea why I posted that.  When I was looking for the carrot recipe for Sunday, I was ALL confused.  THIS is the carrot recipe I made and liked.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment