Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Week In the Life--Monday

In the past I have done a "day in the life" post.  It was fun and a nice way to look back on Olivia at that stage of life.  Ever since then I have been meaning to do another one, but then always end up forgetting to actually document a day.  I have seen many bloggers do "a week in the life" posts lately.  My first reaction was that my life is too boring for that.  But then I thought 1) every day of the week is different, so one day wouldn't do it justice and 2) this will be something fun to look back on one day.  Sooo.......  I'm going to do a series of "A Week in the Life" posts.  Hopefully it won't be too boring for you! :)

It seems that things come and go in waves for us.  We will have a week where literally everything is jammed into the calendar and then the very next week we will have absolutely nothing going on.  This week happens to be one of our more buys weeks.

My morning started around 7:45 when Michael kissed me good bye.  I began getting things ready for our play date.  Olivia woke up at 8:15.
I gave her a sippy with milk and she hung out in there for another 15 minutes.
I started a load of laundry, picked out her outfit for the day and got a cup of coffee.

Breakfast time!
Our play date included a picnic, so I packed our lunch as she ate.

She played while I showered and got ready.  I packed our bag, lathered her up with sunscreen and we were off!

Our playgroup was at a local park with our friends from the pink table at MOPS.
It was a hot one!  Olivia did a little swinging, but mostly she thought running away and having me "chase" her was hilarious.  She did stop running long enough to enjoy a little of her lunch.

By the time we got home, it was pretty much time for nap.  We ate lunch about an hour to an hour and a half before she usually eats, so she was asking for something to eat.  She had a little yogurt and then down she went.

She slept her usual 2 hours.  I unpacked our bags, cleaned up the kitchen, sent some 31 emails, checked Facebook and talked to my friend on the phone for a bit.  Man, that time goes fast!

Snack!

She dropped a few cheddar bunnies on the ground and was picking them up.
She's saying "I got it!"  Oooooh, I just love that girl.  A toddler who picks up food she drops on the floor?!? YES, PLEASE! :)

Snacking and playing.  She plays in this little corner with all of her Little People toys every. single. day.


Our mentor mom got Olivia this book called "Olivia".  She gave it to us at the park today.  Olivia spotted it and sat down to read it.  She was flipping through the pages making up a "story" and talking about the pig.  When she got to this last page where it was a black and white picture she said, "turn the lights on Pig!".  I thought that was both a really good connection and hilarious!

She entertained herself and I spent some time online researching places to buy her some water shoes.  I also wrote yesterdays quick blog.

It was time for me to start dinner.  Sometimes she does great with this.  Sometimes I have to try to distract her with toys and sometimes turning the TV on is required.  She hasn't played with her magnetic letters in quite a while, so I thought this would be a great distraction.  She was pretty excited about it and was singing "lets build a word, let's build it NOW!" from Word World.  She lasted about ten minutes with the letters and then went off to play in her room.

Michael gets home from work at 6 o'clock exactly.  I try to have dinner ready when he walks in the door because by that time we are ALL hungry!  We sat down and had dinner.  After that we just ended up in Olivia's room.  We read the Olivia book again and played with some toys.

She went "flying"


Then she ended up out in the living room playing and Michael and I sat and talked for an hour.  She would come back in every once in a while and then run back out and do whatever it was she was doing.

We started her bedtime routine shortly after 8.
We read her a few books, sing a few songs, read from one of her toddler Bibles, pray, and then do hugs and kisses.

She was being all cute with her hugs to Michael and then when I tried to take a picture she kept giving me scowls. :(

After tucking her in, we got cozy with a bowl of ice cream and watched the latest episode of Once Upon A Time on hulu.  Lastly, I wrote this blog and Michael watched movie trailers on hulu.  He is all excited for this summer's movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment