Friday, April 12, 2013

Five For Friday

ONE
The June Bumpies have been talking about birthday lists for a few months now.  A "balance bike" repeatedly shows up on those lists.  Am I the only one who lives under a rock and didn't have a clue what a balance bike was?  Since first hearing about it, they seem to be popping up in conversations everywhere.  I haven't done tons of research on them, but we don't live in an area for Olivia to be biking often.  Although these say they are for 18 months old to 5 years old.  I'm thinking we might stick with a trike first.  Anyone have any thoughts on these?

TWO
I went to my Thirty-One Celebrate and Connect meeting last night.  I always love going because it is so motivating and encouraging.  Last night's meeting was about the new summer products. There isn't a ton changing.  Summer tends to be a smaller catalog.  People's lives get busy and the business slows down.  There are some really fun new prints though.  I am excited to get partying!  I am trying to earn my way to conference for free (or I won't be going), so if you have any orders you want to place--the next few weeks is when you want to do it! ;)

THREE
This picture is from about a month ago, but it never got posted on here and I think it's just too cute to not share.  She had learned to climb up on the furniture and was climbing up and down all day.  She climbed up on the chair and just snuggled in.  I happened to have the camera in my hand because I had just been trying to capture her naming her letters while she played with magnets.  How cute is she?  How can you not just want to pick her up and squeeze her and kiss those cheeks?!?  I'm so glad I get to every day! :)

FOUR
Tomorrow is Michael's last day at Kroger.  Can I get a "woot woot"!?! :)
We are all pretty excited about this.  It has been a long few months--for all involved.  It had to be done, but we are oh so grateful for the changes taking place at his day job.  I don't think it was an accident that he got the job (the whole timing thing was crazy!), nor do I think it's an accident that he started at a brand new company when he did.  We knew we had to ride out some of the growing time and now we are hoping to reap some of those rewards.  They are having a ribbon cutting ceremony today for the new office.  The mayor and city council and all sorts of other hot shots will be there.  Fun times! :)

FIVE
I know the whole country is having crazy weather lately.  What is up with that?  On Wednesday it was in the 30's here.  Now that may not seem too crazy to some of you in the north, but 30 degrees in April in TEXAS is just CRAZY.  Oh, and on that same day--it was 80 degrees in Columbus.  Something is not right.  Luckily, the crazy weather doesn't stick around.  We are suppose to be in the 70's today and will be in the 70's and 80's all week next week.  I'm ready for spring.  Bring on the flip flops (consistently!).






1 comment:

  1. A few friends of mine had balance bikes for their kids and in my experience they learned to ride bikes MUCH more quickly than mine, with traditional trikes/bikes. I wish we had invested in one when Rachel was little, but now it's too late. I don't want to buy one just for Rebecca, because also in my experience, kids don't use them very long before they're ready for a regular bike (without training wheels). So we're just going to stick with the trike and bikes we already have. But I'd say if you plan to have more kids, it's probably worth the investment if you want her to learn to ride a bike (Rachel's too scared to learn to ride hers without training wheels....but she's my cautious child. I don't think Rebecca will be like that.)

    ReplyDelete