Friday, April 26, 2013

Pinterest Finds

Baked Apple Chips
(source)
This is another one of the first things I pinned.  I figured it was time to try it out.  I am always looking for other ways to get fruits and veggies in Olivia and these sounded like they would be yummy to me too.  I prepped them right before nap and put them in the oven when she went down.  I cooked them for about an hour and 45 minutes and then they had time to cool down a little before she woke up.  We shared these as an after nap snack.  We both enjoyed them.  I will be making these again.  Note: The little note on the pin says to cook at 200, but hte blog actually says 275 so that is what I followed.
broiled corn

Crock pot Cranberry Chicken
(source)
When this came across my Pinterest feed I decided to go for it.  I already had the onion mix and I'm always up for an easy crock pot recipe.  I think I might have cooked it a little too long.  I didn't use a whole chicken.  I used breasts, so I was trying to guess at the right length.  Both Michael and I thought it was alright.  We didn't love it, but we didn't hate it either.  Olivia really seemed to enjoy it.  I probably won't make it again, but it was decent enough for a one time thing.

Broiled corn

Normally I don't repin things that have broken links, but since the directions were in the pin and it looked good I decided to go with it.  In case you can't read it, it says spread frozen corn on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Broil for 5 minutes.  I'm not sure if it's my oven or not, but I broiled it a little longer.  It was SO GOOD.  I will definitely make it again.  Michael isn't a fan of pepper, so I hesitantly waited to see what he thought.  He said, "It tastes exactly like corn on the cob to me".  Olivia kept saying "more corn! more corn, please!"  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment