Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pinterest Recipes--Olivia's Edition

This isn't actually from Pinterest, but I'm sure it could be found there. :)  This baby food making site has been around for YEARS.  I heard about it long before getting pregnant.  I used it often when making food for Olivia when she first started on solids.  I have seen the actual website linked on Pinterest though, so I'm counting it.  Sorry, there are no pictures, but I've been making this apple turkey loaf for Olivia for over a year now.  She loves it. I like that it's pretty healthy.  Sometimes we eat things that aren't that healthy or or too spicy, so I like to have an option for her.  I don't want to always make two different meals, but sometimes it's necessary.  I make this loaf up, cut it into slices and then freeze it for easy use.

(Source)
I saw mini quiches on a list of "easy lunches for toddlers".  That sent me on a Pinterest search for a good one.  I know quiches aren't rocket science.  It's eggs and whatever veggies you want.  But I didn't grow up eating them, so I wanted some recipe back up.  I found this muffin tin quiches recipe.  I adapted it to my liking--used real eggs, used veggies I thought would taste good, etc.  I gave it to Olivia and she said, "Oh, eggs" but then wanted nothing to do with it.  I'm not sure if this was due to the actual quiche or because she was having a fickle toddler moment.  Either way, I don't think I'll be making this particular pin again.

(source)
When this muffin recipe came across my Pinterest page, I knew that I needed to try it for Olivia.  I wasn't sure if she would like the mini chocolate chips.  I tried them in a granola bar recipe once and she wasn't a fan.  So I made half the batch with a few mini chocolate chips and half the batch with blueberries.  She has had one of each so far and has liked them both.  I love things like (healthy) muffins because I can give them for breakfast or a snack.  I will  be making these again!  Maybe I'll even get crazy and add apple or something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment