Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Week In the Life--Tuesday

Our morning started a little earlier than yesterday.  I sat and enjoyed a cup of coffee while talking to Michael and Olivia ran around drinking her milk and enjoying that she got to see her Boppa before he left for work.

Next up was breakfast.  Olivia had my "go to" breakfast for her--oatmeal with half of a banana, pumpkin and cinnamon mixed in.

We got showered, dressed and our bags packed.  We headed to our friends house for a play date.  We made a pit stop at Wal-Mart for some water shoes!

We spent the morning enjoying some outdoor fun.
Don't be confused by Olivia's look--she just takes a little bit to warm up. :)


We came home and had lunch.  Then she played for a few minutes.

Then it was off to nap.  I caught up on Facebook, sent a few emails, made some phone calls and then just relaxed.

I love nap time, but I love seeing this pretty little face after two hours too!

And then this is what she did when I said it was time to change her diaper.  She's a goof.
Do you think she has enough stuffed animals in there?!?

Snack was a green monster! Mmm!

She played with various toys by herself for about an hour.
I cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes, worked on some file folders I'm making, stopped to read her a book a few times, and picked up a few things around the house.

After about an hour she started getting antsy and a little whiny--usually from being bored.  When this happens, I try to play with her.  This is usually when I will pull out one of our educational toys or things that I keep up in her closet.

I recently made her a letter matching game (more on that in another blog), so we decided to give that a shot.

That lasted about ten minutes and then we moved on to building towers.
That lasted about another ten minutes.  Then she asked to do ABC Mouse.  So that's what we did.

I got to working on dinner and Olivia went back to playing! :)

After dinner I headed out to run some errands.  You know--fun stuff like laminating some file folders, buying a birthday gift and replacing my broken curling iron.  Oh, and I got a hair cut.  It's not my favorite thing to do, but it had to be done.

When I got home I dyed my hair.  Also, not my favorite thing to do but it was way over due.
Such a fun and exciting day, huh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment