Friday, January 27, 2012

The Little Gym

The Little Gym was one of the first things I signed Little Man up for when I began working with him.  He has always been pretty athletic, but we could tell that it made a difference in his motor skills, agility, and balance.  In fact, now at age 6 he consistently wins the balance game at TKD.  He is also does some of the moves better than others and I know it's because of his years at The Little Gym.  I knew it was going to be something that I wanted to do with Olivia.

Besides the physical benefits, it's a great way for her to be social and be around other babies AND adults.
We took her in for a "free preview class" this week.

Honestly, I wasn't exactly sure how it was going to go.  She has been having a rough time in the church nursery.  She can go either way when it comes to loud noises, and at library story time she just sits and looks stunned, in awe, and maybe a little overwhelmed.

Thankfully, she LOVED it!
She was smiling from the minute we walked in the door.
 So much so that the workers kept commenting on how smiley she was.

Clapping her hands for the opening song.

They did an introduction game where they went around the circle asking for names.
After every child's name the adults would lift up the parachute and say "Hi (Olivia)"
This is her watching the parachute go up

We were singing some song with hand motions and such.
I can't even remember what it was teaching--eye hand coordination?  
There was so much information!
She watched the teacher intently.

Doing shoulder stretches

Doing a flip.  As soon as the teacher explained it, I passed Olivia right back to Michael.
20 pounds over my head and then not drop my child?!  I'm not sure how I would have done.
This is suppose to help with their inner ear and balance.

Hey Mommy, I love this!

Strengthening her core
(Most of the class is set to music)

Sitting/bouncing on the air track

Bouncing/standing and bearing weight on her legs

Watching the bubbles come down while doing some leg stretches

More core strengthening

Ball time

Baby foos ball! :)

More bubbles before the bye bye song

We will be adding The Little Gym to our Tuesday routine thanks to Olivia's grandma.
We are so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment