Wednesday, January 25, 2012

7 Month Loves

Olivia is really enjoying all of her Christmas toys.  I could probably put them all on this list.  The only one she isn't sure about yet is the elefun ball popper.  It's a little loud and it scares her.  She likes to watch it from a far (and if you are holding her), but she is not the least interested in playing with it yet.  It is a 9 months + toy, so she has some time. :)

One thing she LOVES that she didn't get for Christmas is....
a water bottle!  She is constantly trying to grab at ours.  She'll stare at them from across the room.  If she is actually lucky enough to get one in her possession, she either sticks it right in her mouth or twirls it around and inspects it.  I'm going to make her some discovery bottles.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

 Boppy
I originally got the boppy because everyone said how I would love it and need it when she was first born.  I did use it from breastfeeding some, but ended up liking the my breast friend pillow better.  I also used it to lay her in from time to time.  We are now using it to prop her up when sitting.  She is getting better by the day (and just recently I try not to use the boppy as much), but she needed it as support for the past month while she was learning.

Fisher Price Little Superstar Classical Stacker
I registered for a few toys and this was one of them.  A stacker is just a classic toy.  I thought that fact that this one lit up and played music was a bonus.  We have been playing with it off and on for months now, but she has really taken to it the last month or two.  So much so that we just had to change the batteries.  (I say "we"--that means Michael. ha!)

 Bright Stars License to Drool Keys
I'm not even sure where these came from.  I'm pretty sure I just picked them up on a random trip to Buy Buy Baby while I was pregnant.  Olivia hasn't really been much of a rattle girl, but she has recently taken to these keys.  She loves to chew on them or inspects them.  Her most favorite thing to do is bang them on her high chair.  She likes them so much (and they are cheap!) that I bought a second pair to keep at work.  If she wants to bang on her high chair while Little Man and I are doing workbooks--then go for it!

Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker
I pretty much knew before I was even pregnant that I was going to make my own baby food.  Hey-- that's what you do when you wait until you are 31 to have a baby.  You have it all planned out! :)  So while I was hardly pregnant and definitely not even close to showing, I asked for this for Christmas.  Don't get me wrong-you can make baby food without a fancy tool.  I know lots of people just use their stove/oven, steamers, blenders, and food processors.  I have a few tools I probably could have used.  BUT, I knew I would be a working mom who was also taking care of my daughter full time.  I was looking for ease and convenience and I got it!  I love this thing.  It's so easy.  I'll probably do a post about how it works some day soon.  It is has made making Olivia's baby food a breeze.

Fresh N Freeze Reusable Containers
Along with the baby food maker, I got 3 trays of these containers.  I know lots of people just use ice cube trays.  I didn't want to be messing with that.  These have worked out great.  They are easy to measure the 2 ounces and when I have to take food to work with me, it's just like grabbing a jar of baby food instead of trying to put thawed ice cubes in a container, etc.

O ball
I mentioned she was getting an O ball for Christmas because people on the bump were raving about it.  My bumpies did not disappoint.  She really likes it.  It's easy for her to grab on to.  She swings it all over the place.  It was probably her cheapest Christmas present ($4 at Target), but one of her favorites.  At least at first it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment