Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eyebrows

It always amuses me when people say that Olivia looks like me.  I'm 100% convinced that they see the cheeks and nothing else.  She doesn't really look like me.  She has Michael's hair color, light eyes whereas mine are very dark, Michael's baby cheeks, Michael's forehead, Michael's chin and Michael's/Michael's mom's nose.  I have said from the very beginning that the only thing I can see that is mine is her mouth.

Every once in a while I see a little Gjertson in her.  And by Gjertson, I don't even mean the Gjertson characteristics that I have.  I mean I see my brother Jared.  She looks a lot like his baby pictures as well.  I even pulled them out at Thanksgiving to prove my point and all the naysayers agreed.

That brings us to this last Sunday.  We were all dressed up nice for church so I thought we should take some pictures.  I mentioned to Michael that we have a ton of Olivia, but not a ton of pictures with us in them.  We took a few pictures while playing on the the floor with her.  Michael uploaded them to the computer and I was browsing through them.  Then the conversation went something like this....

(Looking at these pictures)
ME: "Man, you guys are twins.  You practically look identical.  I really don't understand how people say she looks like me."

MICHAEL: (glances at the picture) "We don't look exactly alike"

ME: "Pretty darn close.  Look!  She looks just like you"

MICHAEL: "You don't think she looks anything like you?"

ME: "NO!"

Then I scroll over to this picture
ME: "See!"

MICHAEL: (looking....looking...looking...pause) "Well, like I said, she has your eyebrows"

Really?  My eyebrows?!?!  Then he clarified that she doesn't even have my eyebrows...her eyebrows are just "spread far apart" like mine.  To which I responded, "I PLUCK!" LOL!!!

Anyway, here are some other cute pictures from the day
In her cute dress and shoes that I got for cheap at a consignment sale back in August.

Relaxing--Church is stressful! ;)

I LOVE this picture!  This is what she does when Michael kisses her with his scruffy face.

1 comment:

  1. She does look very similar to Michael . . . But she has sooo many of your manerisms (they even come out in the pictures!!) No matter ~ she is cute as button!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete