Sunday, October 2, 2011

A little of this... A little of that

  • Olivia had her first shot last week.  She took it like a champ!  Since we are doing a form of the delayed schedule, this appointment was just for a shot.  We were hoping she'd be weighed and measured, but no such luck.  We were in and out in literally a minute.  She only got the DTaP.  She cried after the initial pinch, but by the time I picked her up she stopped.  That was it... no side effects or anything.  I was so worried before the appointment and it was a piece of cake.

    • We are in a weird position as far as clothes go.  She really is still in 0 to 3 month clothes, but all our 0 to 3 month clothes are summer items.  It's getting a little cooler, so sundresses aren't practical.  She can sort of wear some 3 to 6 month clothes.  Most of our 3 to 6 month clothes were given to me by a friend.  Some are summer items (which won't work).  Most are just sleep and play type things.  While I know those are practical, I don't want her in pajamas every day. We are going to hit up a few discount stores and see if we can find some pant outfits.

      • Olivia was dedicated to the Lord last night.  She looked so cute.  Pictures and post to come.

        • We started the powdered form of the Alimentum this week.  I didn't think it was possible, but it smells worse than the Ready to Feed stuff.  She hates it, and I don't blame her.  She has never refused a bottle before.  She has had multiple forms of formula (5 I think?), and has never had a problem.  With this stuff she screams and cries and will just flat out refuse to eat.  I was hoping she would get use to it, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.  This mama cannot handle it any more.  It makes me nervous when she goes so long without eating.  It makes me sad when she cries.  Then, because she is not eating properly, she becomes unpredictable.  I wouldn't want to eat it either.  I can hardly stand the smell of it.  So, we are switching back to the Ready to Feed stuff.  It's a difference of $5.50 a day verses $9 a day.  Steep, but my child has to eat!

          • I wrote Similac and asked for coupons.  They were already sending me the $5 "checks", but I asked for more.  I politely said that I didn't understand why the most expensive formula is the one that is never on sale, never has coupons, and is excluded from all store deals.  Really, I think it's because a lot of insurance companies cover it.  So if insurance is paying for it, why not make it cost a fortune?  Well, my insurance doesn't cover it.  They said they would send me coupons, but didn't comment on why the most expensive formula is exempt from the deals.  I also signed up for Enfamil and Gerber coupons.  I will then swap them with people on the bump for Similac ones.  Hopefully this will help.  Anyone who gets Similac coupons, but doesn't need them--send them our way please! :)

          No comments:

          Post a Comment