Tuesday, October 18, 2011

List o' Fun--The Dallas Arboretum

About a week and a half ago we met some friends at the Dallas Arboretum.  The trip had it's issues (for one, they were an HOUR AND A HALF late), but we were able to get a few pictures of Olivia.  I'm noticing that picture taking is just not her thing! :)  There were lots of photo opportunities, but by the time we walked through the place she was asleep.  We plan on going back soon.

If she could just sit up on her own, this whole picture taking thing would be a little better. :)
Not happy :(

Ha ha! What we do for a picture.
This is the entry way.  Needless to say, there were LOTS of pumpkins!

Our first stop
Since we were waiting around for so long, by the time we got on the go Olivia was tired and cranky.  I didn't bring the Baby K'tan because I expected to push her in the stroller.  I have a hand me down Baby Bjorn (that was a hand me down to that person as well).  It was in the car, so I grabbed it at the last minute.  We haven't really used it.  Olivia lasted about 5 minutes in it.  I wasn't sad about it-it wasn't friendly on my back!  I'll remember the K'tan next time!

Apparently they do different attractions at different times.  Right now they have 8 castles set up.  They were cute.  The people we went with had a 4 year old girl, so she enjoyed them.  We hope to get better pictures with Olivia when we go again next week.

Besides the beautiful flowers, plants, trees, and fountains, there were pumpkins everywhere.


We went on Columbus Day, so it was super crowded.  Plus, it was cool and overcast that day, which never happens here.  Michael took lots of pictures of the scenery, but we hope to get more pictures with Olivia in them next time.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a lot of fun!! I just can't get over her pouty lip...ahhh so cute! Ryan did the same thing and I pretty much melted everytime! For being so little the pumpkin pics look great! love ya!

    ReplyDelete