Thursday, October 6, 2011

Doing What I Can

Remember that I wrote Similac?  Well, they sent me two small cans of the powder Alimentum.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.  Either try to trade it, or mix it with the Ready to Feed and see if she'll tolerate it.  It says "SAMPLE" on it, so I can't do much else with it.  They also sent me $7 worth of coupons.  While I appreciate that, $7 is not going to put much of a dent in the $270 it is going to cost a month.

Before Olivia was even born, all of the companies were sending me coupons, formula "checks", and samples.  Of course, I didn't need them then.  I was planning on breastfeeding for much longer than actually occurred.  I wish I would have saved them.  Some of them still might have been good!  I still get some random ones in the mail, but not as many as I feel I could.  I went online to Similac, Enfamil and Gerber and signed up for their programs.  I will use anything I can that Similac sends me.  I can trade the Enfamil and Gerber on the bump for Similac coupons and checks.  I have already done this once.  I can use all the coupons and checks I can get, so trading will help greatly.  If you are a mom that breastfeeds, I would love if you could send me any coupons or formula checks you get.  I know from experience that you get a ton in the mail without even asking.  If you could sign up on the websites to get more, that would even be better!!  I can also trade box tops, and points from Huggies or Pampers.  Although, if you are using those brands of diapers, you are probably using the rewards program for yourself.

This little advertisement was in an email I received from Babies R Us.  I saw FREE Similac and paid attention.  You see that purple bottle?  That is the Similac Alimentum Ready to Feed--what we use.  It says buy 9 cases get the 10th case free.  That sounded wonderful.  One case is 6 bottles and we use a bottle a day.  A free case every two months (or so) would be awesome. 
So I clicked on the "learn more" link.  Don't you know that EVERY OTHER Similac Ready to Feed is included EXCEPT the Alimentum.  You know-- the one in the freaking picture!?!?!!!  Yeah.  I was annoyed.  Once again, the most expensive formula is the one excluded from the deal.
So what did I do?  I wrote Babies R Us.  I (politely) said that I didn't appreciate the false advertisement.  Nor did I like that they always exclude the Alimentum from their deals.  I asked why that was.  Never in my life have I written a company about anything.  Now, I have written Similac and Babies R Us.  I imagine this may only be the beginning. :)  I got a response back.  It wasn't even worth the time they put into writing me.  It basically said sorry for the inconvenience and my email has been passed on.  No offer for a coupon.  No explanation why the Alimentum was excluded.  No answer to my question about why the expensive formulas are always left out.  (Although, like I said previously--I'm pretty sure it has to do with insurance paying.  You only use that formula if your child has a medical reason to do so.  Therefore, most plans will cover it.)

I'm doing what I can to get the most for my money.  I have signed up for every formula and diaper company that I can think of.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions that I have missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment