Saturday, October 15, 2011

3 (and a half) Month Pictures

Baby pictures tend to go Newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and then a big 1 year session.  Since we spent so much on the newborn pictures, I was planning on just skipping the 3 month pictures.  I figured I'd just do newborns, 6 months (at a reasonably priced place) and then do a really nice session with a photographer for her 1 year. 

Well, we got JCPenney Portrait coupons in practically every baby package we got while I was pregnant.  We seriously have a stack of them.  Since the dedication pictures didn't turn out that well, I figured we'd just got get some cheap pictures done in her dress.  I read good reviews online about JCPenney Portrait Studios, and at $3.99 a sheet- plus free sitting fee and a free 8 x 10- I figured we couldn't go wrong.

Yeah.  I must have forgot who we were dealing with.  Olivia was fine all morning and all afternoon.  As soon as we got to our appointment she started melting down.  I thought we could maybe get past it, but we didn't have much luck.  I ended up spending a whopping $8 (and really, I didn't have to spend any), so it wasn't too big of a loss.  Here's your preview.

 We started out on this big black blob looking thing.  This is honestly the best picture we got.  It's the ONLY one where she smiled.  I love the smile and all, but I liked the background.  That's the whole reason I went to a studio.  I can lay her on a black blanket and take a picture.  I realize it wasn't entirely their fault.  She can't sit on her own, and she doesn't hold her head up that high so our options were limited, but still.

Yeah, that's my arm in there.  Super!

I did get a 5 x 7 of this.  Even though she's not smiling, I thought it was kind of cute.

Then we moved to a chair that was just her size.  
It would have been super cute if she would have cooperated.

This is her talking face.  She was telling us how unhappy she was. :)

Creative, but you can see how red her eyes are from crying.

Not too bad

I actually sort of like this one
The one Michael liked.  It sort of looks like she was suppose to be leaning on the arm of the chair.  That just happened.  I'm not in love with the fact that her hair is sticking up on the side.

Then the guy decided we should try a tummy shot.  This is what we got.

We got some decent pictures.  They aren't great, but they are Olivia.  
Hopefully she'll be more cooperative at her 6 month pictures!

P.S. We have the link to JCPenney with these pictures if there are any grandparents/relatives that would like to order any.

1 comment:

  1. I think they are pretty cute and $8 is a great deal! I love her dress and bow! What a cutie pie! I was so terrible at getting pictures of the kids, Ryan got newborn, then 18 months....then 2.5...no order there at all, Molly got no newborn, 8 month and then 1 year..I have a feeling our newest addition won't favor any better :) Although I'd love to get a maternity session, which I've never done before, since this is our last! I guess I'm just cheap when it comes to pictures!!! Olivia looks adorable and they turned out cute! :)

    ReplyDelete