Sunday, October 23, 2011

Four Months!

Olivia Grace, you are four months old!
(NOTE:Once again, my child was not interested in getting her picture taken.)
 
What have you been up to?

*You are in size 2 diapers.

*You are wearing size 3 to 6 month clothes.  I moved you up because your 0 to 3 month clothes were summer clothes.  The 3 to 6 are a little big on you, but they work alright.


*You are taking 6 to 7 bottles a day.  Most of them are 6 to 6 1/2 ounces.  I was hoping to drop a bottle when I upped the ounces, but that didn't happen.

*I don't know how much you weigh.  We will go for your 4 month appointment on November 1st.  Daddy tried weighing you on our scale (weighing himself first, then holding you) and it says you are 17 pounds.  I'm not sure if I trust it. I think you might be a little more.

(Bored with this photo shoot!)

*I'm also anxious to find out how long you are.  People are making comments all the time on your length and size.  I don't think you are going to make it until Christmas in your current car seat. 

*You continue to drool all over, shove your hands in your mouth, and try to gnaw on your bib.  I've checked for teeth.  None yet.

 (You can see--she's almost outgrowing her swing, even though she hasn't met the weight limit yet.)

*You gag yourself often when trying to jam your fingers in your mouth.  Silly girl.

*You have very strong legs and kick often.  You like to stand as well.

*You don't use your hands yet for grasping things, but you are getting close.

*You are still not on a schedule.  After mommy's friend leaves we are working on this!

*If I let you nap on me, you will sleep anywhere from 1 and 1/2 to 3 hours.  If I put you in your bed for nap, it is 45 minutes like clock work.

*You still wake up in the middle of the night to eat.  You can stop that at any time. ;)

(Someone got an early Christmas present from Grandma!  Love the chair!)

*Your hair is getting lighter and lighter.  It has a red tone to it.  Enough so that strangers sometimes comment on it.

*Your eyes seem to be getting bluer and bluer.

*You rolled over from your tummy to your back for the first time on October 3rd.  You did it again the next day, but haven't done it since.

*You will stay on your tummy for quite some time during tummy time, but you still don't lift your head up very high.  You like to just lay and suck on your hands instead.


*You have started hating bath time.  We don't know what changed.  You use to love it.  Now you spend half the time screaming.

*You've started arching your back when you don't want to sit in things--your car seat, your bouncer, your swing.  I'm not a fan.


*Daddy's nickname for you is squiggle bug because you are always squirming around.

*You are "talking" more and more and we love it.

*You LOVE music.  (I'm sure all babies do.)  My new favorite thing that you do is "sing".  I sing "This is the day that the Lord has made" to you every morning.  You can be as quiet as quiet can be, and when I start singing you join it.  It's softer and more drawn out that your talking.  You do this most times I sing to you, but you seem to like some songs more than others.  You sing in the car too.  Once, the radio was on and it was commercial after commercial.  I switched to your Praise Baby C.D. and you immediately started singing.  When I turned it down, you stopped.  You started again when I turned it back up.  So cute.

*You also love to watch the TV.  I don't really want you watching TV, but daddy lets you sometimes.  You are fascinated by it.  You'll even crane your neck around to try to see it.


*Daddy carried you around in the Baby K'tan and you really enjoyed it.  He enjoyed it too and will probably be doing it more often.

*You are generally a pretty happy and content baby.  However, when you get mad--you. get. MAD.


*Your favorite things right now are: singing with mommy, your fisher price rainforest bouncer, reading books with daddy, and toys that light up or play music.

HAPPY FOUR MONTHS BABY GIRL!
WE LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. The boys LOVE their anywhere chairs. I wish we'd had them when they were her age. What a great gift for her!
    Isn't praise baby the greatest thing ever? It always calmed the boys right down and still does. We have the cd in the car for them too. Glad all is well with Miss Olivia. Can't believe she's four months already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sooo cute!! :-) Love all the pictures!

    Love ya!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete