Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nursery, Part 3

There have been a few updates on the nursery.  It's almost done!  Since I promised to share the progress, here you go...

First, I really did buy an $8 tension rod like I said I would!  Those are the curtains from our old bedroom.  I just hung them up there and it worked out perfectly.  It may not be the best visually, but I think it's a heck of a lot better than seeing all those photo albums and books on the shelf.  I hate the look of clutter!
Also, the boppy is now hanging out on the bed waiting to be used.
Michael's grandma made the blanket for us.  It's so soft!

I finally got a light bulb for the lamp!
Also, I bought the ipod dock (that was on our registry).
Michael loaded his ipod with the baby C.D's we got.
Now I'm going to put the C.D's in the car for travel times.

Ideally, if we would have been in a house and I had lots of money to spend, I would have ended up getting one of those dressers with a hutch.  I've seen so many on blogs, and I always love the way they help decorate the room.  Since we didn't get a hutch, I decided to make my own "hutch like" decoration and added shelves.  I really wanted dark ones to match our furniture, but I couldn't find any anywhere.  So, I settled for this set, which turned out to be 50% off at Kohl's when I finally went back to buy them. Score! :)
Also, I was going to do 4 baskets.  I went and bought one at Babies R Us.  It was the last one they had.  When I got it home it just looked really dingy and dirty and bent compared to the 3 I had.  I had already bought the buckets to put in a basket to hold small things.  Both Michael and I decided we liked it without the fourth basket.  The buckets add a different color, which is always good.

One bucket is filled with pacis and pacifier holders.
The other has teethers in it right now.
The baskets are full of swaddlers, blankets, sheets, and mattress covers.

Here are the shelves so far
The bird house picture is from Target.  I got it awhile ago, and wasn't sure where to put it.  This works.
The sunshine picture is from Hobby Lobby.
The bird was a wish list item from etsy that my mother-in-law bought me for my shower.  I love it!  (So did everyone else at the shower.)  It's a little bigger than I thought, but still works.  It makes me happy! :)

It's from this seller.  You can choose your colors.
I pretty much love everything she sells/makes!!!

My mother-in-law also bought this for me from etsy
She got it from this seller.  Again, I got to choose the fabric from a few choices.  I love it!
Once she starts sleeping in the crib, it will probably move over to the bed.  It will still add bird decor and color to the room and that is what I was looking for.

I recently bought this at Kohl's
 It's a little rattle/stuffed animal/blankie thing.  It's so soft.  I wanted to get a blankie like this, and then when I saw one that said "Mommy loves me" I had to get it.  EVERYTHING for girls says daddy this and daddy that.  What's up with that?! ;)

We also mounted the video monitor
I was going to put it on one of the white shelves, but Michael didn't like the wire hanging down.
This actually works better.

The closet also got a makeover
This section above the dresser is just newborn and size 0 to 3 month clothes.
Remember, I got lots of hand me downs!  Without them, there would only be half!
Also, I only have one pack of diapers for the first three sizes.  2 packages were given to me, and then I bought the newborn size.  That's all I'm going to do for now.  I've heard it's best to wait.  You don't know what size your baby is going to be... how fast they'll grow out of a size... if the brand will work with your little one.  Plus, I plan on using Amazon mom for diapers once the time comes.

This side goes from size 3 months to 9ish months
We actually have quite a few 12 month outfits, but I ran out of closet space! :)
Right now they are taking up a drawer in the dresser in Michael's closet.

Oh, and my mother-in-law bought me these from etsy too
Originally I planned on making closet dividers, but when I saw these I had to have them.
There is no way I could have made something so perfect.  Seriously?! Green and pink owls, birds and cherry blossoms! LOVE! :) (from here)

The baskets
One is full of hats, sunglasses, and hairbows
The other is bibs and burp clothes
The last is socks

Oh, and the shoes!
This isn't in the nursery, but it's baby related.
I had this shelf in my classroom, and now it is under the bar in my living room.
It's full of baby toys.

I just need a few more things for the newly hung shelves and we are good to go!

2 comments:

  1. Olivia is blessed to have such a beautiful nursery. You've done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have lots of clothes already - did you still want me to send you any of mine? (Sorry - they were supposed to go with Sonja to your shower, but I dropped the ball on that one!)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete