Monday, April 25, 2011

29 Weeks

 I think I need to find a new spot for my bump pictures.  My bump keeps getting lost in the subwoofer! :)


How far along: 29 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 29 to 32 (month 7) the baby is the size of a squash
Average size is 15.2-16.7 inches and between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total weight gain/loss: +20.6

Maternity clothes: I'm still rotating the maternity clothes I have.  Right now the t-shirts, capris, leggings, tunics and skirts are perfect.  All EVERYONE says is how hot it is going to get, so I'm sure I'll be moving into sundresses and shorts soon.

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: She's on the move--all the time!  It's getting stronger all the time too.

Sleep: It's somewhat of the same: it takes me a bit to get comfortable, I get up every two hours to pee, but I'm still sleeping pretty good.  My back has good days and bad days when waking up! :)

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, not having to pee all the time!, getting off the couch easily, bending over easily :)


Cravings: sweets

Symptoms: the usual pregnancy things... back ache, sometimes uncomfortable, swollen or sore feet

Fun Purchases: I had planned to go to Babies R Us to get a basket (I got three of the four at my shower) and some scent free dryer sheets.  I asked the guy at the desk if it was possible to get my completion coupon early.  He said yes and printed me out a 15% off coupon.  (Some places only get 10%?!).  The coupon can only be used once, so I decided to go ahead and use it.  I printed off my registry and then filled my cart with some of the "must have" or "really want" items off our registry that I didn't get at my shower.  I didn't buy everything.  I figured some things could wait until after she arrived.  That way we could see if we really needed them.  I did get a good bit though.  I didn't get my completion coupon from Target yet, but I did pick up a few things from there as well.  It was mostly just stuff I needed to get the room really ready (mattress pad covers, a pack of newborn diapers, etc).

Surprises: My friend Wendy, who use to be my team teacher, emailed me right before I went to Ohio for the shower.  She has 2 little girls, one 4 and one 10 months.  She said that she was going through things and thought of me.  They are done having kids, and everyone else she knows is either having boys or just had a boy.  She said she was blessed by many people who passed things along to her that she didn't get at her shower and she wanted to bless us the same.  She gave me two big boxes full of clothes and other items that hadn't been purchased off of our registry (boppy, boppy covers, snuggle me for car seat, etc.).  Remember, her youngest is only 10 months, so she only gave me clothes up to 9 months old... and it was a TON!  :)  We won't have to buy any baby clothes for a long time.  It was truly a blessing.

Best Moment this week: Having everything we need for Olivia's arrival feels pretty good.  I've been working on and off all week washing baby clothes, folding baby clothes, and finding places for baby items.  Hopefully everything will have a place soon!

Milestones: I'm in my 7th month!!

Funny: I thought this was funny--there were two things I read repeatedly (and was told by friends and family) NOT to register for.  Everyone said you don't need to register for receiving blankets or bibs because everyone thinks those kind of things are cute and will buy you them anyway.  I didn't get ONE receiving blanket or ONE bib (except maybe a cutsie one that went with an outfit).  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining!  We have plenty of blankets and swaddlers, and I have picked up a bib here and a bib there over the past few months.  We are not in need.  I just thought it was hilarious how different my shower was compared to what everyone said.  People really did stick to the registry for the most part (which is great!).

Upcoming dates:
*My next Dr.'s appointment is on the 27th
*We are attending our hospitals child birthing class on May 7th and 8th.

1 comment:

  1. oh crap, I forgot to bring my receiving blankets!!! You should have reminded me, I'll have to mail them to you then :)

    ReplyDelete