Monday, April 11, 2011

27 Weeks

 Yeah, excuse the get up.  We ran some errands and then I just wanted to get into comfy pants.  Also, I got my hair cut and dyed (can't lean over the tub anymore to do it myself). 
Hence the reason my hair isn't really done.

How far along: 27 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 25 to 28 the baby is the size of an eggplant

Total weight gain/loss: Well, for most of the week I was around the same or up .2 making it +17 pounds.  However, as of yesterday (my "official" weigh in day) I had lost a little over a pound and was at +15.6.  So... somewhere between +15.6 and 17.

Maternity clothes: maternity clothes all the way... my old sweatpants aren't even fitting anymore


Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: tons!  One day she kicked Little Man like six times in a few minutes.  He loved it!  He asks me all day long "is she kicking right now?".  If she's not kicking he says, "that's so boooring". Ha!  I think he thinks I can make her kick on demand and is not happy when it's not happening.  She also kicked Michael quite a few times one night.  I thought I had her schedule down, but this week it seems she has been moving a LOT more... at all times of the day and night.

Sleep: it's a mix this week--I'm having lots of trouble falling asleep at night, even if I haven't napped in the day or I feel exhausted.  I am also up at least every 2 hours to pee.

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, not having to pee all the time!, getting off the couch easily


Cravings: nothing really

Symptoms: becoming slightly uncomfortable

Surprises: none this week

Fun Purchases: again, nothing this week

What I'm looking forward to: My trip to Ohio!  Also, I'm looking forward to my doctors appointment on Tuesday.  I don't want to have to do the glucose test (and really, I'm more afraid of the results than actually drinking the sugar), but I'd like to get it over with.  Either I fail and have to move on to the three hour test (sort of common), or I pass and can move on.  Also, I'm interested in what the ultra sound is going to say about my placenta.

Milestones: Some sources say that the third trimester starts at 27 weeks.  Others say it starts at 28 weeks.  The majority says 27, so that's what I'm going with.  Yay for third trimester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment