Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dr. News

Well, I don't have much to report from the doctor.  One, because I'm never told anything! :)  But really, and most importantly, because everything is going good.  Thank the Lord!

* I did ask about taking the iron and thyroid medication together.  She said it's not a problem.  She did say, however, that my levels will continue to be watched and if it looks like they are canceling each other out... or the levels aren't where they should be... then we will change things up.

* My belly is measuring right at 30 weeks, and since I will be 30 weeks on Sunday, she said that is perfectly fine/normal.  I said I was concerned about having a big baby and she said everything is normal as of right now.

* We did get to listen to the heartbeat.  She didn't tell us the beats per minute this time, but she said it sounded good and that Olivia sounded happy. :)

*She checked in with me on feeling movements, but still no mention of kick counts.  I did read someone say that you only have to do them if you haven't felt the baby in a long time.  I feel her all throughout the day and night, so I'm not really worried.

* She also asked if I had been feeling tightening in my stomach (contractions, or Braxton Hicks).  She said it's normal and that I should be feeling them.  However, if I feel them more than 4 times an hour I need to empty my bladder, drink some water, and and lay down to rest.  She said if it keeps up, then call her.  I have noticed that a full bladder (or even what feels like a full one, but may not really be full) is the biggest culprit for me when it comes to BH.

That's about the extent of it.  I did the normal things--weighed in, peed in a cup and had my blood pressure taken.  Nothing was said about any of those though, so I guess all is good.  My next appointment is May 11th.  I literally sit in the waiting room longer than my actual appointment takes!  Again, I'm not complaining.  I am grateful for a healthy baby and an (overall) easy pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment