Monday, April 4, 2011

26 Weeks


How far along: 26 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 25 to 28 the baby is the size of an eggplant

Total weight gain/loss:  +16.8
One of the girls that I met from the church told me this week that she gained 60 pounds with both of her pregnancies, 25 in the first trimester.  I know you gain the most in the third trimester, so there is still potential for me to gain a lot more, but I was feeling pretty good about my 17 pound gain after that! :)  Also, the week by week book says I should be between 16 and 22 pounds this week.  Score!

Maternity clothes: mostly maternity... loving the leggings and tunics!  I am also happy to have bought some capris (mentioned last week).  They came in handy with this weeks weather--back up to high 70's/low 80's.  I'm still on the hunt for a shower outfit.  I have a feeling I'm going to have to compromise a little.  What I want is just not out there.  I do have a plan B in mind.


Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: LOTS!  I told Michael I think we have a gymnast on our hands.  She seems to enjoy doing somersaults... or at least that's how it feels.  Also, this last weekend I noticed that she was now moving when I was standing around.  I use to only feel her when I was sitting still or laying.

Sleep: it's a mix this week--some nights were good, some not so much

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach


Cravings: desserts!  I haven't had many, but they are always on my mind! :)

Symptoms: back pain, some insomnia, swollen hands and feet, and a very slight linea nigra
I also think I started having Braxton Hicks as of Saturday.  I thought I was having some last week, but the only thing people kept saying is your stomach would be hard as a rock.  Whenever I thought I was having them, my stomach wasn't hard.  This time, it definitely was.  

Surprises: I was invited on a play date with one of the girls I met at church.  It was at someone's house that I had never met.  Talk about taking me out of my comfort zone. I guess that's what happens when you move to a new state! :)  Anyway, the lady who's house it was gave me 5 baby books!  How sweet! 

Fun Purchases: I don't know how "fun" it is, but I bought crib sheets.  The bedding that we have comes with only one sheet.  I obviously needed a back up (or two).  For whatever reason it doesn't seem that you can buy just the sheets for our set.  I was going to just register for some plain pink ones at Target or Babies R Us, but the ones that they sell in the store did not get good reviews!  (I already have some "online only" items, and they are usually not bought off of registries so I didn't want to add more.)  People were saying the sheets would shrink in the wash, or rip easily, or had a weird texture after washed.  Um... no thanks.  Well, last week the new Pottery Barn Kids bedding came out.  Don't you know there are lots of birdie and owl choices! :)  I found some sheets that I thought would work good with what we have.  So on Saturday we went to the mall and picked up two sets.
 It's hard to see it with this picture, but there weren't any close up pictures.
You can go to the PBK's website and check out the Penelope nursery if you want.

 Here is a picture of the blanket.  The sheets look the same as the top one.

What I'm looking forward to: My trip to Ohio! 

Other: We got a lot of work done in the nursery this weekend.  Pictures are coming soon!  We also put the bassinet together.  It fits perfectly next to our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment