Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Season's First Snow

I had heard rumors that we might be getting some snow, but I honestly didn't think too much of it. It seemed early for a first snow, and we all know how the media likes to blow things out of proportion.  So when we woke up yesterday morning to inches of white stuff and more coming down, we were pleasantly surprised.  (The "we" that didn't have to leave the house that is!)
Out our front window around 7 AM
Olivia was super excited and chose to wear her snowman shirt in hopes of building a snowman with Boppa later!  (Please excuse her face--she thinks she's funny.  And all of the toys on the floor. And the fact that Anna and Elsa are in the microwave.) :)

I took this picture of our back yard and sent it to a friend in Texas.

Olivia plopped down and wanted me to take a picture of her. She said "This is called 'me and the snow'".  Of course they were all coming out pretty dark, so I had to edit it a bit.

We had the babysitting kids here for part of the day, so we waited for Michael to get home before going out.  We knew it was going to be getting dark, so I spent 20 minutes getting myself ready, Olivia bundled and Logan bundled.

My friend Laurie had given us some hand me down snow pants and coat from her bosses.  We actually have two sets.  This one is a size 12 month, so a little big on Logan but not too bad.  I tried the boots on him, but they were about 3 sizes too big so I just put a bunch of socks on him.

He wasn't sure what to think.

It was bitterly cold, so he and I were out less than 5 minutes. Just enough to snap a few pictures.

Michael and Olivia were trying to roll the snow to make a snowman.  Unfortunately, it wasn't packing snow.


Michael tried to use the lid from our sandbox to see if they could sled down the little hill, but that was a no go too.



Logan and I went in and got into warm and comfy clothes!

They had moved to the front so that Michael could shovel the sidewalk.  How cute is this little guy?!


Then they moved to the back again, so we sat at the sliding glass doors to watch.

Michael showed Olivia how to make a snow angel. Then that was pretty much the end of their playing.  Olivia's cheeks were red, her nose was running, and it was time to eat dinner.

No snowman this time, but she still had a great time for the half hour that she was out!  I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for snowman building this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment