Thursday, November 13, 2014

Houdini? Or Boy Genius?

Logan has been able to hold his bottle by himself for months now.  We usually just give it to him (or he snatches it out of our hands!), and he feeds himself.

That's not really all that abnormal.  What is strange, is that he can somehow get the entire nipple/top off of the bottle.  The first time I thought it was a fluke.  Like maybe I didn't tighten it enough.  However, this has now happened a total of FIVE TIMES!
I took a picture, because some people thought I meant he was popping the nipple out.  No.  He is totally unscrewing the top somehow.  Luckily it is always after the bottle is empty.  But still!

Then last week he was in the kitchen with me while I was making dinner. There weren't any toys in there, so I gave him his teething tablet bottle to shake.  It's small and has a child proof cap.  I walked in the living room to help Olivia with something, and I came back a minute later and he had the cap in his mouth. The bottle had rolled over to the dishwasher, and there were a few tablets spread on the floor.  WHAT THE HECK!?!  At least they were homeopathic tablets, so if he had eaten any (which he didn't) it wouldn't have been bad.  I won't be giving him any more bottles to play with!

Then yesterday he was wanting my water jug.  He can't drink out of a straw yet, so he just ends up playing with the straw and drooling all over the place.  I didn't want drool all in my water, so I gave him another cup that was handy instead. It was empty and he was just playing with the straw.
I look down and he has the straw THAT HAS A STOPPER ON IT out of the cup!!!

This kid....

He and Olivia are a lot alike as babies, but this area is NOT one of them.  She seriously does not open her own bedroom door--STILL.  I guess they are just genius in their own ways. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment