Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good Bye 2011

Welcome to 2012!

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited about the new year.  Besides having a beautiful daughter, 2011 didn't turn out quite how I had pictured or imagined.  With us being on one income for almost the entire year, times were tough.  I still believe the move to Texas was what was right for us.  I'm looking forward to enjoying Texas more this year.  I'm looking forward to watching my daughter grow and learn and change.  I'm looking forward to change.  It has to be coming...

But for now I thought it would be fun to take a look back.

JANUARY
 We arrived in Texas on January 1st and moved into our apartment on January 2nd.
Let the adventure begin!

FEBRUARY
 Lots of baby things happened in February.
We found out we were having a GIRL and not a boy like we thought.
We registered, started putting together baby furniture, and took a hospital tour.
OH, and the Packers WON the Superbowl! :)

MARCH
 Two fun things happened in March--we found our church home and we started getting the nursery put together.

APRIL
 In April I traveled to Ohio for my baby shower.  
I was incredibly blessed, got to spend a lot of time with my family and friends, and enjoyed a "vacation" of sorts. Then I had a fun road trip back to Texas with my friend Laurie.

MAY
My blood pressure started to creep up in the beginning of May.
   A few weeks later it was made official that I would be having a June baby instead of a July baby.
We got a 3D/4D ultrasound done.  We also picked our pediatrician.
 We didn't know it at the time, but we spent one of our last weekends as "just us" in Ft. Worth visiting the stockyards.

JUNE
June was a BIG month for us! :)
We finished the nursery, packed our bags, and froze meals.
Then I got put on bedrest. :(
We went in for our weekly doctor's appointment on June 22nd and my doctor asked if I wanted to have a baby that night.  We went in that night to start the process.

Olivia Grace was born on June 23rd at 7:21 PM.
She came in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long--
with a nice cone head and fire hose sized umbilical cord! :)

JULY
 We got her professional newborn pictures done.  I'm so happy we did!
My mom came and stayed with us for 10 days.
I was on maternity leave, which was so nice.  We spent the month trying to avoid the 100+ temps, work through Olivia's jaundice, and figure out breastfeeding. Also, there were lots of kisses and snuggles! :)

AUGUST
August was a TOUGH month.
Olivia would scream, be unpredictable, projectile puke, and be overall fussy.
I cut out dairy.  It seemed to help for a bit, but then we ran into the soy issues--and the ten days straight of excessive and nasty poop.
On top of that, I had to go back to work.
Thankfully... we got that all figured out AND my friend Laurie came for a visit!

SEPTEMBER
 Thankfully September went much better.
Olivia got put on her special formula and became a totally different baby.
We got in the groove and she started doing all sorts of fun and new things.

OCTOBER
 Olivia was dedicated to the Lord on October 1st.
She enjoyed lots of pumpkin activities.
She went to her first library story time.
And she was the cutest little lady bug around!
We also had a visit from my friend Amanda.  Olivia go to meet her and see all sorts of Dallas sights!

NOVEMBER
 We took a 20 hour (one way) road trip to Indiana.
Olivia got to meet most of her aunts and uncles, some of her cousins, some of my cousins, my aunts and uncles, and her great grandma.  We had a really nice time and Olivia traveled well.

DECEMBER
 Olivia experienced her first Christmas.
She met Santa, got lots of gifts, and had fun hanging out at home with mommy off of work for two weeks.
She also tried real food for the first time.
She has such a fun personality that has started to blossom.

I can't wait to see what this next year brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment