Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Cards and Santa

We went to see Santa on Friday afternoon.  Since we are going to do the whole Santa thing, I figured getting an annual picture would be a fun tradition.  Plus, Michael really wanted to do it.  I wasn't sure how Olivia was going to do.  We tried to get there early to beat the crowd, but still ended up having to wait in line for about a half hour.  By the time it was our turn, itt was right around when she needed to take a nap.  My fingers were crossed.  I told Michael that even if she ended up crying and screaming, I was still going to buy the picture.  I've come to terms with the fact that she is her own little person.  So now, when things don't go as planned, we just look at each other and say "Well, that is Olivia!".  Thankfully, she did great.  She didn't cry or fuss or anything.  It took us a few takes to get a smile, but we were there a fraction of the time that some people were taking!  We got two shots that I think are adorable.


I decided to use the one on our Christmas card.  Since I didn't send out baby announcements (I know--slacker mom!), I figured a picture card was in order.  I have been using shutterfly for all of our picture needs recently.  Here is our card for this year.  (Most of you will be getting it in the mail in a few weeks.  You just get a sneak peek!)

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Shutterfly is giving me $10 off my next purchase for putting this in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment