Friday, December 23, 2011

6 Month Loves

Here is our list from this past month.

 I have been meaning to get these (or something like them) for a while now.  It seems Olivia is sensitive to light.  Michael says that his eyes are sensitive because they are so light.  When I rock her to sleep, I have to cover her eyes with my hand....even if we have all the lights out.  I really wanted the roll shade that you just pull down, but our apartment already has really nice shades.  My cousin told me about the curtains at Target, so that's what we went with.  I got the $13 ones.  They work really well.  They are suppose to help with keeping the cold air out too.  She took an hour and ten minute nap in her crib the first day.  That's the longest crib nap we've ever got.  Unfortunately, she's back to her 30 minute naps.  I'm still happy to have the curtains though.  I think they will come in handy in the future.

I probably could have added this to the list a month or two ago, but right now this is one of her favorite toys.  It's one I registered for so we've had it since birth.  I've actually been using it with her since she was around 1 month old.  It lights up and plays music, which are her favorite things! :)  She's just started to look in the mirror too.  She'll knock it around.  Sometimes she hits herself in the head with it! :)  She tries to eat it too.  As long as she doesn't knock it over, she will lay on the floor and play with it for a good length of time.  I am learning that I really love Fisher Price!  We happen to have a lot of Fisher Price items--from our swing to all the rainforest stuff to small toys.  I didn't do it on purpose, but it seems that the Fisher Price items we have are some of her most favorite.

Manhattan Toy Winkle
I got this from a friend at my shower.  She said it was one of her girls most favorite toys.  I remember thinking "Really?  It looks kind of weird to me."  Once again, I started playing with this with Olivia when she was really small.  It's a rattle. I would shake it and talk to her about the colors.  It was one of the first toys she could hold (which is one of the reasons my friend said her girls liked it so much).  She plays with it, grabs it, pulls it, and puts it in her mouth. :)

 Sophie the Giraffe

Last month I told you that Olivia wasn't that interested in Sophie.  Well, that has changed.  She now holds her, gnaws on her, attacks her, licks her, and bites her.  It is one of her favorite teethers and it now goes with us in the diaper bag.  I remember seeing a friends kid with it a few years ago and thought "Who would pay $22 for a squeaky giraffe?!" Well, it was a shower gift, but I am the crazy one that registered for it.  Everyone raved about it.  Lots of people said it was their kids favorite item.  It is suppose to be made with food dye so that if any of the stuff comes off while being chewed on, it's not suppose to be harmful.  I guess that's why it's so expensive?  Either way, I'm happy to have it and so is Olivia.

Munchkin Arm and Hammer Disposable Bags

These are little bags that smell all nice and hide the poopy smell of dirty diapers.  Originally I got them for the diaper bag, but we use them all the time.  For example, when we are at someone's house (like life group) or at my bosses house, we can put the diaper in one of these.  I've even started using them at home.  Her diaper pail has started smelling awful.  (Darn dog food formula!)  They are also good for putting dirty clothes from a blow out in.

Primo's Eurobath
Some of you may think we are crazy, but we bought another bath tub.  This thing has saved bath time for us!  I loved having the tub we had for when she was young.  The sling worked out great and then we she outgrew it, we transitioned well to the next phase.  Then she grew... and grew... and grew.  Our tub is suppose to be for up to toddler too, but it was not working.  I almost wrote a whole post about it.  It was one of those things where I thought "Clearly we are missing something.  The solution has to be right in front of our face, but we are just too close to the problem."  The bathtub had a hump for her to sit on.  I'm sure you've seen it in my bath time pictures.  The problem was that her head was literally 2 inches above the top.  This led to a mess every time.  So we tried taking the hump out.  But... she can't sit on her own so she would slide, slide, slide.  We put the hump back in and tried washing her in the tub so that it wouldn't matter if the water went everywhere.  She hated it!  Plus, our tub is a garden tub and it makes it hard to bend down.  We don't have a sink big enough to bath her in.  I tried bathing with her at my grandma's. She screamed and screamed.  Then I read a post about "what tub do you use with big babies".  This tub was mentioned numerous times.  BRU had a sale so we got it.  It was well worth the $20!  Olivia loves it.  I think it's because it's comfortable and she fits!
She even plays with her bath toys, kicks and slashes, and giggles when daddy uses the squirty toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment