Thursday, December 8, 2011

This and That Thursday

Don't you know that as soon as I put on here that Olivia can't quite roll over yet...she rolls over! :)
Last Friday she was playing on her play mat and I was messing around in the kitchen.  I could see her and kept talking to her while I busied myself with dirty bottles, a snack, and cutting some fruit.  I looked at her, said something, turned to put something in the fridge, grabbed my water and went to sit by her and this is what I saw:
It took a second to register, then I shouted "Oh my goodness, you rolled over!"
Since Michael wasn't home, I quick grabbed the camera and took a few shots.  Then I sent him a text and told him.  I said not to be sad that he missed it, because I missed it too! ha!
She rolled from tummy to back almost two months ago.  She's only done it a handful of times though.  Either she wasn't interested or she forgot what she was suppose to do.  Not this time.  Now that she can roll from back to tummy, she is a rolling machine.  Unfortunately, this means at night too.  I would be fine with it if she would actually just sleep on her stomach.  Instead she wakes up and gets mad that she's on her stomach.  Hopefully she'll either get use to it and just fall asleep, or she'll remember how to turn herself over.  This momma is tired!

She is also not going to make it a month in her 3 to 6 months clothes like I had predicted.  I don't know what happened there either.  She seemed to be fitting in them just fine.  Some even had some room to grow.  She must have had an over the weekend growth spurt or something, because twice this week I have tried to put something on her that is too small.  Most of the issue seems to be in height.  Two pair of pants were literally like an inch too short.  I seriously laughed out loud after I put one pair on.  I couldn't believe how short they were.  I busted out a pair of 6 to 9 month jeans and they fit perfect.  It appears we may be slowly moving our way up to the next size sooner rather than later.

She's sat up on her own for a few seconds, too.  I am working hard on this skill.  I have never been one to wish away my child's days.  I am trying to enjoy each and every phase (whereas Michael is ready for her to walk and talk.  I don't think he knows what that really is going to mean! lol).  However, I would love if she could just sit unassisted.  That's all I'm asking.  She doesn't have to crawl for months.  I'd be alright with that.  I just need her to sit.  It would open so many new doors for us--grocery carts, high chairs, the floor at work (and at home)... you get my point.  Needless to say, those few seconds she sat up on her own were super exciting for me! :)

Michael started his new job.  I hate it.  Hate. It.  Don't get me wrong--I am thrilled to have another pay check coming it.  That is the only thing I am happy about though.  The schedule sucks.  Just like at AT&T, the time you are suppose to get off means nothing.  The norm is 60 to 70 hours.  Yeah, I'm not OK with that--no matter how much money it would bring in.  Not only that, but he's dealing with lead and acid and all sorts of big scary machines.  It's just not good.  He's not too thrilled about it either, but it could get our debt paid off fast and give us a nice down payment on a house.  I'm not sure how long he's going to try to stick it out, but I am looking online every day for a new job for him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment