Friday, December 2, 2011

5 Month Loves

Olivia has made lots of changes in the last month.  She is holding items.  She is more into playing with toys.  She has great head control and likes to be in the upright position.  That has led us to many new "loves".

First, she really likes her jumperoo.  We started using it with her when she was little over 3 and a half months.  She enjoyed it then, but she has really gotten into it in the last month.  She knows just what to do.  Sometimes she likes to bounce like crazy.  Sometimes she plays with and inspects the toys in front of her.  Sometimes she just sits there, enjoys being upright, and checks out her surroundings.  We like to use it because it's somewhere to put her where she can be squirmy (which she is all the time), see what's going on (which she loves), and give our arms a break! :)
Summer Infant Video Monitor
I've mentioned on here before how a video monitor was a must in my book.  We are still using one with Little Man, and I plan to get years of use out of the one we have.  Thankfully, because of a gift, we were able to get a nice one.  Now that Olivia is sleeping in her crib, it has become an every day used item.  The big screen is a 7 inch LCD screen that we have set up in our living room.  It's nice because she goes to bed so much earlier than us.  We can take a quick glance at the monitor from any position in the living room/kitchen and see what's going on.  I keep the little one by my bed.

Bright Starts Rattle Teether
Olivia is wanting anything and everything to go into her mouth.  She sucks on her hands.  She chews on her bibs and burp clothes.  She tries to stick almost any toy she can hold on to into her mouth.  My mom got her this toy at Thanksgiving and it is one of her new favorites.  It's easy for her to hold and she really likes chewing/sucking on the the lollipop side.  She practically sticks the whole thing in her mouth!  She also enjoys this hand and foot teether.  She's not really into them being chilled yet.  I assume that will come with the full on teething hits.  She is just getting into Sophie as well, but doesn't love it as much as everyone said she would.

Olivia the Owl
I really enjoy all the developmental and educational toys that Lamaze puts out.  That is why I put Jacques the Peacock on her Christmas list (for her grandma).  I happened to stumble upon a clearance bin at Kohl's a few days before Thanksgiving. I figured I'd take a peek and see if there was anything we could use for the trip.  My thought being that a "new" toy may hold her attention in the car.  What did I find?!  An educational toy (my favorite).... that was an owl (hello, awesome!)... whose name was Olivia. Must Have! The bonus was that it was on sale.  Even better, she really likes it!

Lamaze Cloth Book
Speaking of Lamaze, she really likes this cloth book.  She enjoys being read to in general, but she likes this one because it has crinkle pages.  It's one of the only soft books she has, so we play with it often and it's easy to shove in the diaper bag too.

Baby Einstein Take-Along Tunes Toy
Ok, I know I changed the title to "loves" instead of "must haves", but this one really is a must have in my book.  Olivia loves it.  We've been using it since soon after birth, but it has recently become a staple in our diaper bag.  She can be full on crying in her car seat or getting fussy when we are sitting at Tae Kwon Do....I put the music on and she immediately stops.  Sometimes she watches the lights and sometimes she just likes to listen to the music.  It's just the right size to take along with us too.  Plus, it's cheap.  I call it her baby ipod. :)  (Ours looks a little different.  It's an older model that I bought on sale while I was still pregnant.  It's basically the same thing though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment