Saturday, December 10, 2011

Olivia's Christmas List Part 2

Olivia got her Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chair from her Grandma (Pryor).  I had honestly been eyeing them since I was pregnant (and probably even before that).  They are so cute and I had a couple of friends who said their little one loved their chair.  I'm so happy to have one for her.

Her Grandma (Pryor) also got her:

This Elefun Busy Ball Popper
Ball poppers aren't anything new.  They are tons of fun for the kiddos and can get annoying for the parents.  It's just one of those toys where you have to suck it up and enjoy the fun! :)  I thought this elephant one was super cute.  I can't wait to see what she thinks about it!

A Shape Sorter--because every kid should have one

My First Mirror
I've read all sorts of places that babies should play with/look in mirrors.  I guess that's sort of common knowledge.  It's suppose to encourage social skills.  They don't realize at first that they are looking at themselves.  We have a few tiny mirrors on some of the toys she has, but nothing big enough to play with.  We do hold her in front of bathroom mirrors, but I wanted a safe one to use for play.  This one can fold up (as shown) for tummy time, or it can attach to the crib.

I already told you that she is getting Jacque the Peacock.  It has all sorts of fun colors, textures, and noises.
Olivia didn't have many soft plush toys, so I thought this would be a great add to her collection.  I'll be honest--since I knew Michael's mom wouldn't mind, we took it with us on our Indiana trip.  Again, my reasoning was that new toys might keep her attention in the car.  She really seems to like him.  I'm glad we have him and Olivia the owl! :)

Grandma (Hartman) got her:

My Pal Violet
You can hook it up to your computer and it learns your babies name.  You can add songs and other things that are babies favorite.  I'm not 100% sure how it all works yet since we haven't done anything to it.  It's suppose to grow with your child (ages 6 months to 36 months), so I think you can change the information as they grow.  I love leap frog toys, so I'm sure this will be an awesome (and educational) toy.

Grandma Hartman also got her some outfits and pajamas in the next size up.  Thankfully, I got to pick them out at Thanksgiving. ;)  All of the clothes that were given to me by my friend were for 9 months and under.  Olivia is in 6 to 9 month pajamas now--all of which are the hand me downs.  We needed to stock up on some size 12 months for when she needs to make the move.  This gift will be very helpful for us in the months to come!

Michael's sister Jenny wanted to get Olivia some books.  I have hundreds (and I do mean hundreds) of children's books.  Unfortunately, they are more geared for ages preschool to 2nd grade.  We have been slowly adding to our baby book collection.  We made an amazon wish list and Olivia is getting some AWESOME books!  I am so excited.

I am all about the library.  I've mentioned that on here many times.  I am not all about board books from the library.  Babies put those things in their mouth.  Then my daughter is going to shove it in her mouth?  I think not.  So we really wanted to get her some board books.

I love these bear books!  I stumbled upon them a few years ago at a library trip with Little Man.  Both he and I fell in love and we would pick them up often.
Olivia is getting Bear Snores On, Bear Wants More, Bear Feels Scared, and Bear Stays Up For Christmas.  There are a few more in the series, but they didn't come in board books.  I know they were Kohl's $5 books once, so I'm hoping they do that again.  I'd love to get the others.  Even if I have to get the hardcover instead of the board ones.  (Michael has already been reading some of these to her and every time he reads them he comments on how much he likes them.  We made a believer out of him too!)

We are also Llama Llama fans.  We already had two and she is getting 2 more.

She is also getting God Gave Us You, 2 of the My Very First books from Eric Carle, and a Rainbow Fish Cloth Book.  We read to her every day.  Most days she is read to on multiple occasions.  Both Michael and I are happy to add some new books to the mix. :)
(NOTE: Some of these books are from Michael's mom.  His sister and his mom bought together, so I don't know who got what.  I'm not trying to point out who got what here.  I'm just sharing my ideas for those who are interested.)

Overall I think she is getting a good mix--practical, fun, educational, and necessary.  She's blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment