Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Christmas

Warning: This post is going to be a little picture heavy and is mostly for the grandparents... but feel free to take a peak if you are interested! :)

Our morning started at 7:15 with Olivia awaking after sleeping 12 straight hours!  Woo hoo!  She is right on the verge of cutting a tooth, so I was expecting her to wake up in pain a few times throughout the night.  Her bottom gums are swollen and you can see the two white lines of the teeth, but they haven't quite poked through yet.  We had a yummy breakfast and then set out to open some gifts!  Michael and I didn't exchange gifts this year, so it was all about Olivia!

I tried to pick some of the best pictures.  I am not looking my prettiest, but that's what Christmas morn is all about. :)  We didn't wrap everything she got.  I didn't want it to be too overwhelming.  We did make sure she had something to open from everyone who sent her a gift.  She had a couple things from most people.

I tried to get a picture of her sitting in front of the tree, but sitting was not on her agenda for today.

So I laid her down and took a picture of her reindeer butt!
She did have socks on, but after kicking them off 3 times I gave up.

One day I want to get matching stockings with our names on them.
It was not in the budget this year. Plus, I couldn't find any I loved.
Then I couldn't find any "O" stockings or even an "O" pin to put on a stocking.
So we went the kiddie route and got a moose stocking. :)
She almost always knows when the camera is on her.  
She was looking at the camera instead of the gift in most of the pictures.

(Look Gramma Kathi-no bow!  Just crazy hair)


She really did rip the paper.
She liked this package because the paper crinkled after she unwrapped it.

She loved the red tissue paper too.
She started getting sleepy.


We had a bit of a rough mid day due to her discomfort.
I think she was having tummy issues on top of teeth issues, but we eventually got it all resolved.

We headed over to our friends John and Alison's house.  Michael went to high school with John.  They ended up moving here just months after us.  It was nice to be able to hang out with them and their family.
Silly girl!

When the teether isn't close by, the fingers will do.

That was our Christmas. We hope you had a great one too.

1 comment: