Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turkey in December?

Can you believe it's already December?  I, for one, can NOT.  Holy cow.  Where did the time go?  It seems like summer just ended.  I have a feeling this month is going to fly for us.

Well, I must admit, today's post is a little late.  We did actually make this before Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately, I did not get it on here before I left town.  So here you go... a week late.

Last year we made a Thankful tree.  I knew I wanted to incorporate being thankful again in some kind of craft.  I decided we'd just make a turkey.  I sort of just flew by the seat of my pants.  This is how it turned out.
Some notes about our thankful turkey:
  • The feather that is whited out is Little Man's name.  Yep.  He is apparently thankful for himself.  I even double checked!
  • I told him to draw eyes and he decided to also draw a smiley face.  Hence the black mark under the beak.
  • I was going to cut out feet from construction paper, but he insisted on drawing them ON the body.  It's his turkey--whatever.
  • The markers are to represent art projects.  At first he said crayons for art projects, and I said, "You hate crayons!"  He said, "Oh yeah, I meant markers. " :)
  • I came in to work the next morning, and he said, "I added your name to my chicken!"  :)  I think mommy made him.  I asked if she did and he said yes.  I said, "So you aren't really thankful for me, huh?"  He said, "YES I AM".  (What mommy doesn't know, is he actually left her name off the list too--I added it!)
  • I have no idea why he said popcorn?!  I think it's because he said "My Papa" and he likes to say the words together sometimes and say they both start with "p".  I think he was just going with the flow! Ha!  He hardly even eats popcorn.  Mac and Cheese or oatmeal would have made sense to me.

1 comment: