Well, I must admit, today's post is a little late. We did actually make this before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I did not get it on here before I left town. So here you go... a week late.
Last year we made a Thankful tree. I knew I wanted to incorporate being thankful again in some kind of craft. I decided we'd just make a turkey. I sort of just flew by the seat of my pants. This is how it turned out.
Some notes about our thankful turkey:
- The feather that is whited out is Little Man's name. Yep. He is apparently thankful for himself. I even double checked!
- I told him to draw eyes and he decided to also draw a smiley face. Hence the black mark under the beak.
- I was going to cut out feet from construction paper, but he insisted on drawing them ON the body. It's his turkey--whatever.
- The markers are to represent art projects. At first he said crayons for art projects, and I said, "You hate crayons!" He said, "Oh yeah, I meant markers. " :)
- I came in to work the next morning, and he said, "I added your name to my chicken!" :) I think mommy made him. I asked if she did and he said yes. I said, "So you aren't really thankful for me, huh?" He said, "YES I AM". (What mommy doesn't know, is he actually left her name off the list too--I added it!)
- I have no idea why he said popcorn?! I think it's because he said "My Papa" and he likes to say the words together sometimes and say they both start with "p". I think he was just going with the flow! Ha! He hardly even eats popcorn. Mac and Cheese or oatmeal would have made sense to me.