Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy birthday to me--with some exciting news!

Yes, it's that time again.  Time for me to turn another year older.  I must say, that I feel like now that I'm 31 the allure of birthdays is completely gone.  30 sounded big and milestone-ish.  31 sounds boring.  Oh well, it is what I am.... for another 364 days!

We had a joint birthday party/going away party on Saturday night, which was lots of fun.  We had a great turn out and got to hang with some of our favorite people.  That's about the extent of it.

So to spice this birthday up a bit, I thought I'd share some exciting news.  For those of you who may not have already heard......  I'M PREGNANT!  I am due July 10th and we are very excited.

Most people we've just told in person or over the phone, but we did get creative with one of the announcements.  For Thanksgiving, almost my entire family was going to be there.  We were going to put together gingerbread houses--just for fun, and for a little competition.  Here's how it went:


My house

Look at my cute little mailbox!

Other houses

Right before judging I put a little something special on my house

(I tried to upload the video with everyone's reaction, but it wasn't working. 
Just imagine a bunch of women screaming! :)

We went to our first ultrasound yesterday.  It was amazing.
The baby was a little jumping bean!  It literally moved and bounced around the entire time!  The tech got a quick read of the heartbeat at the beginning, then did all the measurements.  Everything is measuring good.  Our dates were exactly on target.  She kept saying how active the baby was.  After all of the formalities and she got all the pictures and reading she needed, she was ready to call it quits.  Then she said, "Oh, I didn't let you listen to the heartbeat that much did I?"  Then she tried finding it again.  It was really funny.  The baby was literally bouncing up and down, up and down.  She had a hard time finding the heartbeat.  She said, "all that noise is not the heartbeat, it's the baby MOVING!"  She finally got it.  She said, "Did momma drink coffee this morning?"  I said "No!"  She said, "hmmm... maybe it's just hungry?!"

We had to go into another room to see my Dr. real quick.  While we were waiting we were talking.  We mentioned how funny it was to see it bouncing around so much.  Michael said, "Maybe it has a little extra Voegele in it".  If you are familiar with my family (mom's side), you'll know why that's funny. :)  Then he said, "It's going to come out already shuffling cards".  LOL!

Happy Birthday to us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment