- The condo association got back to us. They said we could rent out our condo for one year only. After that, we would either have to re-occupy it or sell it. They went on to say that the one year would start on December 1st. We don't move until around January 1st. That means we'd essentially have to find someone for an eleven month lease. Not going to happen! So we took that as a "NO" and are going to go with selling the condo. We hope to meat with our realtor this week and get it on the market. Pray for the right buyer to come along quickly!
- We found a place in Texas to live. We have it already reserved for us. We will be moving in on the 2nd of January. Originally we were going to stay in a 30 day extended stay (paid for by my boss), but we decided to skip that. We are getting the first two months of rent for free because of a promotion that was going on, so we are happy about that. (Plus, my bosses are going to give us some money, since we are saving them the expense of the 30 day).
- We have our going away/birthday party planned. This is a huge relief to me. December is always a crazy month, and I was worried that it would get lost in the shuffle and we wouldn't have a chance to say good bye to our friends. It is set for December 18th, and I can't wait.
- I found out that the moving company packs FOR ME... not just loads the truck. Originally, I was still going to pack almost all of it myself. Then after realizing that the moving company would have better supplies and we also be held responsible for what they pack (and not what I pack), I decided I'm going to let them pack up my house. I'll probably pack some items, but not most of it. This also is a huge relief.
- Michael has classes this week that are filled with papers and projects. Then next week is exams, and then he's done!!!! Please pray for him to have strength to finish strong. It's a lot all at once (with the move pending). I know he can do it, but I also know it's stressful. We'll ALL be glad when it's the weekend of December 11th, because that means he'll have made it! :)
- We decided that for right now, we weren't going to worry about a job for Michael. It was just one more thing to add to the ever growing stress list. Instead, we decided he should just finish out the quarter strong, help tie up all the loose ends here before we move, and then just start looking for one when we get down there. Plus, once we get down there, we will know better where to look and what to look for. It is unclear if he will work part time and go to school full time, or work full time and go to school part time. We may need him to work at first to help cover the cost of rent AND our condo. Plus, schooling is more expensive until we've been there a year and can get in state tuition.
- My bosses were going to ship both of our cars down and just fly us down, but we decided that we didn't want to be without a car for the last week or two of our time in Columbus. So they are going to ship one car for us, and we are going to drive the other one down. It's a 16 1/2 hour drive that we are going to split up into two days.
Here are some dates as of now:
November 31-Dec 1--Hopefully we will be meeting with our realtor one of these days. We will be calling her today (Monday) to set something up.
December 2nd--Moving company is coming to assess our condo. They will then tell us when they need to come to pack up.
December 6th-10th--Finals for Michael
December 13th--My boss starts her job in TX, so my hours will go back to 50+ hours a week.
December 18th--Our birthday/going away party
December 20th--The moving company could potentially be coming this week to pack us up!
December 20th--Michael turns 33!
December 21st--Bethany turns 31
December 31st--We leave town for our two day trip to TX!