Friday, March 8, 2013

Five for Friday

ONE

Did anyone else see this?  Harper Beckham's shoes for the year costs $2,200.  I don't really care about celebrities and their children interest me even less.  But when I saw this on my yahoo homepage the other day, I thought to myself "And I was complaining about the cost of Olivia's shoes."  I know there is a big difference there.  They don't care if they have to pay $55 for shoes.  Obviously.  Although, one should not make so much money that spending $2,200 on a babies shoe collection for a year is perfectly normal.


TWO
I have some pretty fun news... Well, fun to me.  I am going to be on the MOPS steering committee next year.  (It runs the school year, so by "next year" I mean starting in August.)  I'm excited about it.  I will be the co-coordinator for crafts.  The MOPS group that I attend has 120 ladies, which I guess is sort of big.  The steering committee is basically the leadership team.  Since our group is so big, there are like 18 people on the team.  Since every other meeting is a "craft" meeting, my roll will be one that is going to be a little bit more involved.  But that's sort of why I picked it.  I'm excited to stretch myself, make deeper connections with a fun group of girls, and use some of the talents God has given me. (hmm... "journey"?)  I don't know many of the details yet, but let me know if any of you fellow MOPS moms have a fun craft to share.  I heard it can be kind of tricky to come up with a craft, in budget, for that many women that spans the depth of the skill set.

THREE


When it comes to dessert, Michael and I are about as polar opposite as they come.  His favorite is chocolate cake.  I hate it.  My favorite is cheesecake. He hates it.  Even when it comes to things we agree on, like ice cream, we like the complete opposite flavors.  Oreos are one treat that we can agree on.  After being questioned by the Superbowl commercial if we liked the cookie or the cream, we both said the cream.  We prefer the double stuffed cookies for this very reason.  So when I saw the mega stuffed, I thought we should give them a try.  Let me tell you---DON'T.  It is TOO MUCH!


FOUR

I am sick.  I have no idea where I got it from, but I have a cold.  It started as a sore throat on Monday morning, but then I was fine most of the day.  I thought I might have lucked out, but that was not the case.  By Wednesday morning it was a full on cold.  I'm taking my vitamins and hoping it  passes quickly.  Unfortunately, I think I already gave it to Olivia.

FIVE

Olivia's sleepy time separation anxiety is starting to cause me anxiety!  It is not getting better. Now she starts getting upset when we even begin to talk about going to bed.  She stalls and gets whiney.  Then once she is in bed, screams bloody murder.  She asks for as many hugs and kisses and "hold you"s as she can get.  I've started trying to go back to the sleep training method.  I go back in and do "checks".  As of right now, I've been doing every ten minutes, but I probably need to to the stair steps of 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and so on.  Wednesday night it took her at least 45 minutes to calm down and go to sleep.  Last night it was 55 minutes.  Yesterday was just a rough day all around.  Probably the hardest I've had as a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment