Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Shoe Update

Alright.  Since y'all had to hear me complain about my shoe dilemma and my sweet girl's wide feet, I thought I better give you an update.  I have found the answer.  Go ahead.  Sing "hallelujah".  I know I did. :)

So we ordered three pair of shoes for Olivia.  One is a Mary Jane type tennis shoe from Stride Rite.  I was looking for something that could go with most of what she wears.  This is a cross between a dressier looking shoe and a comfy sporty shoe.  We went with silver so it matches more.  We got it in a 7 wide.  It works.  Olivia likes them.  They are plenty big on her, but it didn't  come in half sizes and I knew a 6 would be too small.

Next up is a slip on type ballet shoe.  It is also from Stride Rite.  It is a 6 1/2 wide.  It is big on Olivia, too.  The first time I put them on her, she took one very awkward lap around the room, came back crying and asked me to take them off.  The toes are hard and she's use to very soft shoes.  We've yet to figure out if something is hurting her or if she's just not use to them yet.  We put them on her again the other day.  She still walked funny in them, but kept them on for a bit.  We haven't worn them outside of the house yet, because I still haven't decided if we are keeping them or not.

The real find was Squeaker Shoes.  Now, here's the thing.  I've known about squeaker type shoes for quite  a while now. I think I first heard about them before Olivia was born.  I guess I just didn't pay much attention to the details of them. But in my long search for shoes I saw that it said they are made wide in the toes.  You don't have to order special shoes or get them 7 Wide.  They are just 7.  The soles are flexible, but also supportive.  They can squeak when worn, but you can also take the squeakers out.  The squeaker is meant to teach them how to step down correctly.  Olivia already does this, and we'd prefer not to hear the racket so we took them out.


Out of the three pair of shoes we got, these are Olivia's favorite.  Not only does she like them, but they fit the best. They were also reasonably priced.  She also walks the best in them.  For all of those reasons, I am a fan. I think the original squeaky shoes are from China and are just called "Squeaky Shoes".  Now days there are tons of different brands, but they all have the same general form to the shoe and concept behind them.

She will be needing sandals before we know it.  I am going to be looking for squeaky type shoes!  I will no longer be spending hours searching high and low for cute, affordable, "wide" shoes.  I am just going to go with what works.  I've already looked online and there are quite a few sites who have these type of shoes for decent prices.  Not only that, but I know baby steals has Wee Squeaks on sale for 50% off at times.

Age 9 months to 20 months--Pediped loyal
Age 20 months to ???-- SQUEAKERS! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment