Friday, March 1, 2013

Indoor Safari Park

Our MOPS table had a play date this week to the Indoor Safari Park.  I had been once before with Olivia and Little Man, and in my opinion it's more suited for kids who are old enough to climb through playscapes by themselves... but that's where the group was headed, so we joined them.

They do have a toddler section. It has this little slide and some foam blocks.  Olivia was interested in it for about two seconds and then we were out of there.

There are two different playscapes.  One is for kids age 2 to 5 and the other is for kids ages 5 to 10.  Obviously Olivia doesn't fall into either of those categories, but she's pretty close to 2, so I put her in the 2 year old ball pit.
That lasted until a little boy--whose mother was nowhere to be found--starting shoving her down and hitting her.  HUGE pet peeve of mine.  Watch your kids people!  So I had to climb in the ball pit (shoes still on) and rescue my child.

We headed to another little play area after that.
It had train tables and kitchens and things like that.
Again, it didn't hold her attention too long.

She played in this little tunnel thing for a bit

She really liked all the ride on toys.  Especially this truck
I'm not sure why since I didn't pay for them to "go".

Our admission (which thankfully was purchased through a groupon) included one train ride and one animatronic animal ride.
 
Only one adult can ride the train at a time and they only run it every half hour, so I sent her on the train with my friend Shaye and her little girl.  This picture cracks me up because it's so "Olivia".  She looking at me like what the heck are you doing out there and I'm in here?  She had fun once it started moving.

She loved her ride on the creepy fun, animatronic elephant.
Her choices were a zebra, a giraffe, or an elephant.  That's a tough call for little Miss O, but she went for the elephant.  Her first animal love. :)

Even though some of the kids were a little older, most of us ended up hanging out in the toddler room towards the end.

Olivia had fun.  We'll probably take her back when she's a little bigger, but it was good to socialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment