Friday, March 22, 2013

An Easter Egg Hunt Playdate

Our March play date for the pink table (MOPS) was an Easter egg hunt.  Olivia hadn't been to one yet, so this was her first!  We each are assigned a month to plan a play date.  My friend Erin planned this one, but it was held at our friend Shaye's house.  She has a beautiful home.

There are ten moms at our table, but it ended up being a small group.  Some were fighting illnesses and one was going to the hospital to have a baby!  We all brought a little treat to share and then everyone brought a dozen eggs filled with goodies for the hunt.
 Who spots a 31 bag?  Oh yes. I put a little tupperware in the bottom of my carry all caddy, covered the sides with some tissue and put mini muffins down there.  Super cute, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, the kids played for a bit inside (Olivia chased the dog asking for hugs), and then we headed on out.

It's a little blurry because she was on the move--but how cute is she?!?! :)

The grass inside the basket was of great interest to her.

Her basket ended up being a little too big for her to carry around, so I carried it and followed her.

She started catching on after a bit.

Although, truth be told... she was just as happy to have the freedom to run, chase the dog, and find random balls in the yard.

 The best one of the group

"Are we done yet?"  All the mom's oooh'ed and aahh'ed over her Easter basket.  They all asked if I had made it.  I wish!  Of course, Olivia just liked the cheap little duck basket that one of the boys had. :/

We headed in and had a snack.  I put Annie's Cheddar Bunnies in my eggs.  This was Olivia's first time having them and she couldn't get enough. :)

All in all it was a fun day.  We are hoping to be able to take her to a local Easter egg hunt, but so far the ones that have taken place have all been during nap.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment