Friday, March 29, 2013

Riding in Style

A cozy coupe has been on my list of things to get since before I was even pregnant.  I just wanted to wait until the right time.  Most of our other June friends got their cars last year for their first birthday.  I knew that with our living situation at the time it a)wouldn't get much use and b) would be just one more thing we'd have to move.  It's been on my mental birthday list for this year.  I've seen a lot of them for sale on the consignment pages.  Most were either selling for too much or had sat outside in the elements.  I'm all for a deal, but I didn't want someone else's rusty car.

This week the stars aligned and I happened to be checking one of the kids Facebook pages when a lady listed a cozy coupe.  It had only been used and stored inside and looked brand new.  She was only selling it for $15.  Since it's a $50 toy, I thought $15 was doable.  I hopped right on it!  (and there were about a dozen "next"s right after me!)

We waited until last night when we were both home to be able to show it to her.  She got SO excited.  She started dancing around saying "big car!".  She knew right what to do and tried to hop right in.
Pure joy!

Luckily we live at a dead end, so we'll be able to drive around in the parking lot behind our garage.

It took her a little bit to figure out how to go forward, but she ended up figuring it out.

It didn't come with the floorboard, but you can buy the replacement part for under $5.  I think we are going to get it so that we can take her on walks too.

It's so fun having a kid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment