Thursday, February 28, 2013

Alex Touch and Feel Flashcards

Sharing some of my good finds/loves/favorite products use to be something I did more often.  Then once Olivia came along, I wrote monthly posts about the things we were using and loving.  Lately, that has just not been happening.  I meant to write a post long before Christmas about some of her favorite toys for anyone who would be shopping for a child in her age bracket.  As you can see, that never happened.

I decided that it is time to get on that!  It's been said that Olivia has a lot of toys.  I suppose that's all relative.  She doesn't have two play rooms AND a bedroom like Little Man, but she does have a fair amount for her young age.  Obviously she doesn't play with every toy every day. There just wouldn't be time for that.  And of course she has her favorites.  But one thing I can say though, is that in the span of a week she plays with almost all the toys she has.  As I look around the room, I can't see one toy that she doesn't play with on a regular basis.

That being said, I could feature a new toy every week... but I won't.  I do want to point out some favorites, though.  These Alex Touch and Feel ABC flashcards are one of them.



Olivia's Grandma was ordering her something from One Step Ahead and threw these in with the deal.  We received them sometime before Thanksgiving.  She LOVES them.  These are one of those toys that I keep put away and pull out during supervised play time.  Otherwise they'd end up all over the house, possibly chewed on, and who knows what else. :)

Olivia gets so excited to play with them.  We'll talk about what's on each card, she'll stack them, carry them around, put them in the box and take them back out, etc.  I'll keep them out for a day or two and then they go back into hiding for a week or so.

They come in a really nice heavy duty box that velcros shut on the side.  There are 13 cards.  One side has a textured part to it, and the other side is usually just a regular picture.  They are very durable cards, too.  The manufacturer recommends for ages 2 to 5.  Obviously Olivia isn't 2 yet, but she's already having fun.  We'll get even more use out of them when she starts working on recognizing letter.  Right now she's just interested in the pictures.

We only have the ABC set, but they do come in 3 or 4 other themes (numbers, shapes/colors, first words).

Here is a video of Olivia saying which cards she knows.  Please excuse the crazy.  Sometimes when I turn the camera on, she gets a little wild. :)

And just for fun... here's her "singing" about Mr. Sun.  Pay no attention to my singing.  And sorry for all the laughing... she cracks me up! :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment