Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentine's Day

Another holiday is upon us...
Last year I got this reusable table cloth on after holiday clearance for like 40 cents!  So it's an upgrade from the IKEA curtain panel I've been using the last 5 years. Ha!

Olivia actually made that art in her homeschool art class, and the dove chocolate came in my good-bye Target goodie bag.  Score!

  Both kids got a tube of Reese's.  I had to run into Michael's and their Valentine's stuff was already 60% off!  So both kids also got a water paint pad.  Logan got a Monster truck toy and a giant tub of bubbles.  One of his Disney souvenirs was a BB8 bubble blower.  He has used every ounce of bubbles we had in the house.  We'll see how long this thing lasts.

Olivia got a new book--trying to get her interested in a new series.  She also got Prismacolor colored pencils, which are suppose to be artist quality colored pencils.  She needed some new ones, and she was thrilled that she got actual artist colored pencils from the art store!

She's been talking about us "heart attacking" her door for a week now.  She just kept saying how she just loves to wake up and read all of the nice things we write about her.  I love how much she was looking forward to it.

She came running into my room exclaiming that I needed to wake up because it was Valentine's Day!  (Little did she know that I had actually been up hours ago, taught 2 classes, and went back to bed!)


For breakfast they had strawberry toaster strudels with a heart drawn on in frosting--that sort of melted into a blob.  I also got those straws that are suppose to make the milk taste good.  I even attempted to give Olivia 2 straws hoping it would change the flavor enough.  She doesn't like regular milk or almond milk (which is what we buy), so she gave hers to Logan as soon as he woke up.

I quit taking 12 pictures of Logan hoping one is of him looking.  You may have noticed that from our Disney pictures.  He's just a little stinker and won't look when he's suppose to.  One day when he looks back at his pictures maybe he'll be embarrassed, but as for now, this is what we get.

Olivia couldn't wait to read all of his hearts to him.


The rest of our day was pretty normal.  I cleaned, we did school, the kids played, and they made some homemade Valentine's for Michael.  (Any excuse to use glitter glue!)

Lunch was a heat shaped sandwich, red raspberries, pink goldfish, strawberry jello with Valentine's sprinkles, and a special fruit punch juice box (as opposed to the usual water).

That about summed it up.  I'm holidayed out... and after cleaning for most of the day I'm toyed out as well.  Actually, while we're at it I'm sugared out as well.  We need a detox on all of the above.  

Since Easter lands on April Fools, I'm considering the "joke" of cancelling all of the gifts.  That's funny, right?  April Fools!  You don't get a basket full of junk this year.  Ha ha!  Just kidding... kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment