Monday, February 5, 2018

Happy Birthday, Logan!

It's a little late in the day, but I wanted to take a break from our Disney posts to wish my favorite little guy a Happy Birthday!
Because of Monday commitments (work and Bible study), we decided to go ahead and celebrate on Saturday.  That way he could have a whole day all about him and Michael could be there too.

He woke to up streamers on his door, balloons littering the ground, and Mario Brothers decorations all over the place.  He wanted Dunkin Donuts for breakfast.

After breakfast, we let him open his presents.



He spent his morning playing a few video games with Michael.  Michael got a new gaming system for his birthday with a new Mario game.  Since then, Logan has been able to play some and is obsessed.  Obviously we limit his time, and he isn't all that good, but he has fun.

We just had lunch at home and he spent the afternoon playing with his new toys.

He was very excited to get a Mario cake.  I ended up ordering it from the local grocery store that has really yummy cakes. Then we added some little toys to it to decorate--which he then got to keep and play with.

Both Olivia and Logan were obsessed about the cake and what it would look like.  I was pretty much over the cake talk by the time we picked it up at 3.  So we just went ahead and did cake and ice cream in the afternoon!


We headed to Rainforest Cafe for dinner.  I think he had a pretty good birthday!

I can't believe he's 4.  He still seems like a toddler to me.  He's still a little guy--not yet 40 inches, and only about 35 pounds.  He's barely in 3T clothing and is still in toddler size 9 shoes.  His love language is definitely touch.  He prefers to be with people than to be alone.  And by prefer, I mean he basically is never alone unless it's a punishment (which sleep is to him).  He would rather just sit on my lap and do nothing, or play girly things with Olivia, than play with his toys on his own.  He can talk your ear off, but he has very little interest in learning his letter names or sounds.  He thinks it's hilarious to say something like "elbow" when asking what the letter B is.  It's not a battle I'm willing to fight.  However, he loves numbers, patterns, puzzles, figuring out how things work, building things with his hands, and doing anything mechanical/electronic.  I often joke that he has two modes: emotional wreck or class clown.  Seriously.  He's either in tears or doing anything to get a laugh.  He has BIG emotions.  We are constantly working on self control and sharing our emotions appropriately.  I'm cautiously hoping that this may be the year with less tears.  Maybe?  I do know and believe that one day this quality will make him the best husband and dad! :)  He is the sweetest little guy.  Teachers are always telling me 2 things--he's so sweet and his dimples are so cute. We've yet to figure out where they came from. ha!  

He is my biggest challenge in life, but he is also my biggest fan.  He loves his mommy fiercely!  Here's to year 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment