Sunday, February 11, 2018

October/November Dump

Alright.  It's mid February, and we all know I skipped a few months.  So I'm not going to go back and post about each individual event.  But I do want to remember a few of the highlights.  Here they are for people like my sister and our mom's and my dad who actually care. ;)

Our church had a Fall Festival halfway through the month of October.  This is the first October in our new church building, so it was our first big children's event with our kiddos.  They had so much fun seeing their friends, playing the games, getting tons of candy, and petting the animals.

This picture just makes me laugh--Olivia's face and the Llama's teeth. Ha!

Logan and I were killing time at Half Price Books while we waited to sell a few things.

We all know my daughter was not going to let me get away with anything different than a themed meal.

My sweet friend Heather invited us to come to her house and Trick or Treat with them. 

Both of my kids love Nadia, so this was a win!

It was unseasonably cold for Texas, but we survived!

Logan insisted on holding Heather's hand for most of the night.

Y'all.  When you go to preschool in Texas...  these are your pictures.

Olivia and I ran errands while Logan was at preschool.  She didn't know they were for our big trip!

We set up the tree mid November.  I knew when we got back from vacation it would be the week of Thanksgiving and would get crazy!

Happy Thanksgiving!  We just did our own low key meal at home.

And then I headed to my LAST Black Friday (or brown Thursday) working in retail!!
Honestly, I already want to be a minimalist, but seeing people go crazy for a bunch of junk just because it's on "sale" just makes me want to never shop again.

We took any opportunity with good weather to go out and explore.

Ha ha!  My friends at work would get a kick out of the encouraging texts from Michael, like "Remember not to care too much." LOL! We all know that it is hard for me.  Life would be so much easier if I could care less about things... One night I sent him this picture and said, "So far, so good!"


1 comment: