Friday, February 16, 2018

Michael Turns 40

Since we had just come off of a 9 day vacation to Florida, a big 40th party and/or vacation wasn't really in the works. Plus, remember what I just said about that cursed late December birthday...
So we just did a celebration at home.  Michael had some vacation days to use before the end of the year, so he actually extended his day off for Christmas to a 6 day break.

He went to the movies the night before with a friend from life group.  He slept in some, and then woke up and I fixed him a favorite breakfast of his.  Then he head to the movies by himself.  He loves going to the movies and he wanted to see the new Star Wars.

While he was gone the kids and I got the house ready.
I love this picture of my favorite 3!  The kids made him special hat and Olivia and I bought him that glowing 40 pin.

Olivia made him a card, chose a gift from her and Logan, and wrapped it herself.

I thought he might know what I got him, so I wrapped a giant box...

But a smaller box was wrapped inside.  I covered the wrapping with 40 things that I love about him.

Michael and the kids had been watching some You Tube videos of the new Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch. So I bought him the Switch.  He was surprised!

We ended up heading out to lunch at a local Cafe that he chose.  Then we went to Game Stop to pick up the game for the Switch.  (I knew he'd have birthday money to spend!)

We came home and the 3 of them played the new game until dinner!
After dinner we had cake and sang to him.  I think he had a pretty good day. :)

He may not love that he's 40... but I sure do love him!

We always go on a date to celebrate our birthdays, since they are a day apart. We waited until the weekend. We went to dinner and then to a Comedy Sportz show at a new comedy club in our local downtown. I promise I did attend his birthday and the date. What I've noticed after catching up on all of these blogs is... We rarely take selfies together. We may need to have Olivia start taking our picture. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment