Tuesday, November 26, 2013

29 Weeks, Baby #2

How far along: 29 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 29 to 32 (month 7) the baby is the size of a squash
Average size is 15.2-16.7 inches and between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total weight gain/loss: +9 (the same as the last 2 weeks)
I actually weighed myself again after eating breakfast and lunch just to make sure my scale wasn't broken.  Nope.  It works.  I had gained 20.6 pounds with Olivia at this point!

Maternity clothes: I'm feeling like my options are a little limited, but I'm doing my best to layer and make do with what I have.

Gender: It's a boy!  Logan Michael is on his way!

Movement: He seemed to have slowed down for a bit this week, but he picked up where he left on on Sunday.  At one point it felt like he kicked me on one side and punched me on the other side at the same time.  I was trying to nap, but I wish I would have been able to see what my stomach looked like for that one!

Sleep: I get about 6 hours of sleep a night.  Sometimes I get a nap, sometimes I don't.

What I miss: sleep, ease of movement, etc.

Cravings: apples (good ones, not red delicious)

Symptoms: I don't know what it was about this week, but I suddenly feel pregnant.  VERY pregnant.  It seems to have started on Thursday.  I told my friend that I felt like I was carrying around 40 extra pounds instead of 9. My body also felt like I ran a marathon, only I wasn't getting a medal, cookies, or a silver cape.  I thought I was short of breath before, but I am getting so winded and out of breath now.  I know that is a side effect of low iron, but still.  Little tasks seem to be taking a lot out of me.  I guess this could go under "surprises" too, but I told Michael that I was fully expecting to have gained a minimum of 2 pounds this week.  Mostly because I felt like I gained 10.  Needless to say, I was shocked that my weight stayed the same.  Maybe Logan just shifted into a different position that is making me feel this way?
Fun Purchases:  I bought a few supplies for baby crafts, but have yet to start any projects.  I'm feeling a little intimidated by them, but I know I can do it.

Surprises: Michael's best friend has two little boys.  He was over having a guys night this weekend and they told him that we are welcome to any of their baby clothes.  One of the little guys was born at the end of November and one was born in January, so the seasons should match up well.  I guess I am suppose to go over and go through their stuff.  This will be a HUGE blessing for us (especially since the consignment sales aren't great around here).

Milestones: I'm in my 7th month!!


No comments:

Post a Comment