Tuesday, November 5, 2013

26 Weeks, Baby #2

How far along: 26 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 25 to 28 the baby is the size of an eggplant

Total weight gain/loss:  +8.8

Maternity clothes: I am loving the pants that I got a month or so ago.  I am also appreciating having a coat!

Gender: It's a boy! 

Movement: LOTS! 
 Sleep: still awful :(

What I miss: SLEEP!!!!

Cravings: fruit, apples particularly

Symptoms: Really the predominate symptom at this point is my issues with falling asleep at night.  Other than that (and I hope I'm not about to jinx myself), things have been moving along nicely.  I have had some minor back pain here and there, and sometimes it's hard for me to get in a comfortable position (sitting or laying), but otherwise I've been good.

Surprises: I am actually surprised at how awful my sleep has been.  With Olivia, I'd have a rough night here or there, but not weeks in a row.  I'm also surprised at how some of the other symptoms haven't showed up yet.  Not that I'm complaining. :)
Fun Purchases: nothing this week

That's about it.  There isn't much to report.  I feel like I was so far ahead of the game at this point with Olivia.  But at this point I'm just not motivated.  I have looked into bedding and other items I may need, but since he doesn't have a room at this point there is little desire to get things ready.

My next doctor's appointment is Monday.  It's also my glucose test.  I'm curious to see what the results will be after all the emphasis my doctor has put on it.

Also, after looking back at old pictures and then looking at myself now, I do think that I was carrying Olivia high and Logan low.  Not that it matters, but I guess it goes with the old wives tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment