Tuesday, November 12, 2013

27 Weeks, Baby #2



How far along: 27 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 25 to 28 the baby is the size of an eggplant

Total weight gain/loss: +9
 
Maternity clothes: maternity clothes all the way

Gender: It's a boy! 
 
Movement: Yes.  Every day!  Sometimes it feels like he's doing gymnastics in there and sometimes it is all out kicks.

Sleep: Oh, you all know my answer to this one by now...

What I miss: bending over to put my socks on without issue, sleep

Cravings: nothing really

Symptoms: becoming slightly uncomfortable when sleeping or sitting, sleep issues, some heartburn--but not nearly as bad as it was with Olivia

Surprises: none this week

Fun Purchases: again, nothing this week

Milestones: Some sources say that the third trimester starts at 27 weeks.  Others say it starts at 28 weeks.  The majority says 27, so that's what I'm going with.  Yay for third trimester! :) 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday.  It was probably the quickest visit so far.
 
 
*I had to do my glucose test.  The results will be back in the next 24 to 48 hours.
 
*They test for anemia at the same time.  My doctor said that since I had to take iron supplements last time, that it is pretty much a given that I will have to take them again this time.  She said don't be surprised if the nurse calls and tells me to get some iron.
 
*My blood pressure was good at 112 over 64.
 
*Baby Logan's heart rate was 160.
 
*My fundal height measurement was at exactly 27 weeks.

*She said she couldn't tell if he was head down or not, but that it was nothing to worry about at this point.

*She also said that I don't have to worry about kick counts until 30 weeks, but just to be aware that he is moving a couple of times a day.
 
*I go back in 4 weeks and then after that I start my every other week visits.  It's getting closer!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are in your last trimester already!

    ReplyDelete